Four steps to learn vocabulary | Teen Ink

Four steps to learn vocabulary

By Mobin_salimi_1384 SILVER, Bandar Abbas, Other
Mobin_salimi_1384 SILVER, Bandar Abbas, Other

"When you are afraid of something dive straight into it, because the intensity of abstaining from it is greater (worse) than what you are afraid of."
Imam Ali (PBUH); Nahjul al-balagha, hadith n.175

It will be easy for you to learn vocabulary if you follow these steps.

First, you have to find new words from books. If you get into the habit of reading, then you are exposed to new words.

Always make it a habit to underline the new words and try to understand their meaning. By doing this, you will remember the words. Then, you should try to connect new words together. For example, you could make a short story with them, so you will be able to remember the meaning as well.

Next, write your story in an academic way. While you write, always pay attention to the usage of the words. This will allow you to know the correct usage of the word and will remember it throughout your life.

Meanwhile, always make it a habit to look out for new best vocabulary words every now and then. You could use websites and online dictionaries. By using them, also, you could find their synonyms.

In conclusion, learning new vocabulary is boring and monotonous, but by using these steps, you realize it fun and challenging.

learning new vocabulary is boring and monotonous, but by using these steps, you realize it fun and challenging.