What Counts | Teen Ink

What Counts

By doverdrama SILVER, Dover, Delaware
doverdrama SILVER, Dover, Delaware

I'm so tired of everyone always complaining about their grades. "Oh my gosh, can you believe Miss So and So gave me a C?!"Be quiet!! If you don't like your grades, then do something about it! I work my butt off for my grades, so I get good grades. A good work ethic is bound to improve your grades, so if you're too lazy to put in the effort, don't be a butt-head about your grades!!I also don't like when people don't care about their grades. Do you know how much your education will affect you in the future? Middle School, meet High School. High School, meet college. College, meet your occupation. Don't waste your talents by not doing work, or focussing too much on your social life. DO the best you can, and you'll be proud of yourself in the end. Plus, so will your family, friends, and teachers.

I am a perfectionist, but I understand that some people just don't care about school. This is aggravating, so I think this piece will motivate people to do their best academically.

malfunctionarymonkey13 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
lol "butt- head" and I also wanted to say that not everyone has to work hard for fantastic grades...I go to an extremely rigorous school, but I don't work hard at all. Somehow, I still manage to maintain my A+ status...and I'm not the only one at the school that doesn't work hard, either.

thebushhippie PLATINUM, Sandown, New Hampshire

Leave behind your own footprints! :0)

OMG I feel the same way! Those people make me so mad. Can't they see that they aren't trying? There's a reason they're failing science, and most likely if you're grade is that low it isn't entirely the teacher's fault. I really liked this article!

kao-chanu SILVER, Central, Utah
Thank you! I could not have said it better myself! :)

TheUnknownGuest GOLD, Woodbridge, Virginia

I can't remember it clearly, but it went something like this:

"The past is the past, the future is the furture. But now, now is like a gift, which is why it is called present."

Thank you. :) I am trying as hard as I can... but I don't feel like I'm going anywhere anytime soon...