why i can`t find joy in college? | Teen Ink

why i can`t find joy in college?

By `snickers SILVER, Tarlac, Other
`snickers SILVER, Tarlac, Other

college is...

1. causing a lot of stress

it`s becoming a major stress, to think that i`m only 17 to experience this kind of things. i just can`t absorb and feed my brain with loads of information like a working computer. heck, i can`t even act or be one.

i go home everyday after school -- tired, and drained, and wasted, and looking almost as if i`m dead. then there`s those sleepness nights that you have to deal with, to study a WHOLE chapter and memorize several terms and theories just so you could pass the quiz next day. and the worse part is... taking ONLY a 15-item applicational quiz when you`ve put so many things on your head.

plus, there is no SAT UR DAY. there`s no time to lie down, for chillaxin` moments... there`s actually no weekends!

2. torture

why can`t they make college a little more lighter and teenager-friendly? and those "minor" subjects are killing me, to think that they`re only minor and yet they`re causing more burden than our major subjects. i mean, why take minor subjects that`s not even related to your course? how would you apply playing darts in accouting? what`s the essence of learning humanities to be able to become a certified public accountant?

exhibit A -- our professor in P.E., i don`t know his name but he looks like Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. we`re taking darts and shooting in P.E., and i don`t even know how to play darts and shooting. once you fail the individual practicum in darts for this mid term, you`ll get the lowest grade of 5.

exhibit B -- sharpay, a codename we`ve given to him. he talks so fast that we couldn`t keep up. first meeting is discussion, second meeting`s another quiz -- that`s almost his cycle in teaching. and he`s even planning for make-up classes just so we could finish half the contents of our book this mid term.

exhibit C -- our good-looking philo teacher. he decided to give out an oral exam, more like defending your thesis proposal. i have such bad experience last high school when we started doing research proposals that we have to deal with for two years -- third to fourth year high school. if your thesis didn`t get approved, you can`t graduate. it`s pure torture.

3. pressure

i`m in first class, section A, where teachers are expecting a high performance or more class participation from each one of us. every morning, i enter our room to see my fellow classmates busy with our books, with their calculators... there`s no time to say "hi! good morning!" or "psst! i got some rumors to tell you." i sometimes feel like i`m a lost student, that i shouldn`t be on that class. now i`m forcing myself to study harder because i don`t wanna gain the lowest rank.

sighs.

i feel the need to slack off but there`s just too many things to do. my social life is near to zero and all i ever focused about is passing my course.

friend-less said...
friend-less, Natick, Massachusetts

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

What college do you go to? 

`snickers SILVER, Tarlac, Other
i know right? T^T i`m so afraid to fail. and my major subject is boring... i can`t believe i just slept on that class last week. *sighs*

DizzyRae PLATINUM, Fort Washington, Maryland

“For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof; the work for which all other work is but preparation.”
-Rainer Maria Rilke

Yea...it is stressul but idk maybe every college has a different experience or wateva..It can be boring 2 & there isnt a time wen u can jus rest really except 4 wen u actually sleep...

`snickers SILVER, Tarlac, Other
naww. college at your place is diff from ours, so maybe you wouldn`t suffer like i do. lol.

smileitsallyoucando BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Ah, you're making me nervous for next year! :O