Gifted Children are Better than the Rest of Us | Teen Ink

Gifted Children are Better than the Rest of Us

By xenon333 PLATINUM, Billerica, Massachusetts
xenon333 PLATINUM, Billerica, Massachusetts

Have you ever wondered why, exactly, words like geek and nerd and smarty-pants and teacher's pet evolved?
The teachers praise the Gifted Children.
They don't even have to be Gifted. Just a little smarter than everyone else.
Is that everyone else's fault?
Did you know that if you are praised, you automatically do better in that field?
Gifted Children are praised all the time-
Maybe that is why they are so Gifted.
I do not mean to insult any Gifted Children, i just mean to make a point to the teachers and parents who made them little Veruca Salts.
Praise everyone who does a good job, not just the Gifteds.

Sorry to any gifted children, this is directed towards adults :)

Blobthe15 said...
Blobthe15, Marion, Iowa
I agree, you can have all F's and still be a gifted child, It's really about potential and the ability to learn. Teacher's pet aren't gifted, they work hard, they do well.

ElijahN PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

"only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything."-Tyler Durdan -Fight Club-

hey! and ok, i'm about to look now. I've got some new ones up as well, guys.

yeah like, randomly 7 or so poems of mine were posted :) you should check them out ;) and yeah i love your new ones !!!

homewardbound, Billerica, Massachusetts
sorry Elijah, I haven't been on in a while, I think a couple of my poems were posted a while ago. Xenon put up a lot of poems. Hers are amazing! You should definitely check them out.

ElijahN PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

yeah, have you checked out any of my new writing? has any of your writing been posted? and where's logo been?

oh no way!! that's so cool!!!

ElijahN PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

acting and writing.

not really-i just love the theatre. performing. what do you like to do?

ElijahN PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

you wanna be an actor, too?

its a conservation camp which is kind of what people think of when they think of camp. :-D its my first time going usually i go to acting camp but I am not this year

ElijahN PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

a writing camp. :) what kind of camp is yours?

totally. can't wait i'm going to camp for 2weeks :) what are you doing over the summer?

ElijahN PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

yes. ready for summer?

haha did it surprise you?

once_a_redhead SILVER, Lady Lake, Florida

"love is somethin' we all feel even if we don't know that we do!!"

i agree completely w/ anzi though i like how u put it together but i agree w/ her point of view

ElijahN PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

haha you're a hunter??

ElijahN PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

very nice. and hey.

Anzi said...
I do not think you are talking about the real "gifted children". People you are talking about are those who want to be gifted and therefore work hard to become "teacher's pets". The gifted children are often not seen as gifted. They are often clumsy, shy and awkward; dare not show that they are actually talented. Often they are seen as troublemakers. They may be good in a specific occupation, but in others they are bad. Believe me, I'm a gifted child. I am skilled in language subjects (read only 3 years old), but in mathematics and sports, I am terribly bad. In kindergarten and early school, I was seen as a "nerd" and "the shy girl." Fortunately I had a fantastic teacher when I was seven years. She helped me get over my fear of other people, and my anxiety to show my talents. Now I have actually three wonderful friends, and I dare to shout aloud, laugh and show my talents. I hate when people have the prejudices of gifted children. I hate it really. I have always been exposed to prejudices, and I detest when I come across people who have such opinions. Hope this comment will get your prejudices away.