Twixt Passion and Ability: I Am Confused | Teen Ink

Twixt Passion and Ability: I Am Confused

By Kaydie PLATINUM, Uyo, Other
Kaydie PLATINUM, Uyo, Other

"There are all these ideas about what is perfect and what is beautifu land what is smart,but the most appealing thing is,that which is me is nobody else"

-Jennifer Lopez

Here I am,in a class of over fifty students.On one hand I am into sciences,on the other,I love a lot of art work.People often get confused.In choosing their career,they mix up talents,skills,passion,interest and ability.Some people are just all-rounders.Both two outstanding things in choosing career are:Passion and Ability.

Passion contains interest and love for a particular thing.Ability contains skills,etc.But in choosing our future careers,what do hold onto-Passion or Ability?

In my opinion,it is passion.If there is love and interest for a particular thing,then ability can always be gotten.But if the love and hunger for a particulare thing isn't there,ability is useless.

But what happens in a situation where  you are studying a particular type of thing you have passion for yet you still have passion for the other ,what do you do?Simple,add ability.That's what I was going through.I love science and I am okay and going with it but,I also love arts and co..People made me feel I wasn't on the right track because I showcased my artistic abilities more through poems,essays,etc.But there was nothing scientific I could showcase.I just realised that if I followed what people say out of fear,I will be ruined.People will always talk.But listen to yourself deep down inside.Becausethe truth will always speak somewhere deep down inside.Just listen