Why I'm a Tag Rights Activist | Teen Ink

Why I'm a Tag Rights Activist

By Bruvton DIAMOND, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Bruvton DIAMOND, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

"They don't think it is what it does, but it do." ~Oscar Gamble

As enlightened people with differing worldviews, we can all agree that marginalization, discrimination, and prejudice should all be frowned upon and discouraged. Many people believe to be enlightened and "mature" while they call teen-aged tag players childish and immature while taking away their rights to public properties such as empty playgrounds and parks. As a seasoned, skilful player of tag, I am often biasedly judged as being "immature" and "childish", causing people to disregard my opinions in unrelated matters, and make me feel oppressed and marginalized. Various playing styles of tag have kept me emotionally and physically healthy, and I take into account my surroundings and the safety of the people around me. If my school were to ban tag during my free lunch breaks (which they have attempted to do), I would take whatever measures I could legally do to gain back my right to freedom of tag.

Written for a prompt which allowed for five sentences. Feel free to share your honest opinion of the topic!