The Right Above All Rights | Teen Ink

The Right Above All Rights

Voting prevents the collapse of our free society in America; it represents our hopes and dreams, because without it, nothing is fair. Government becomes ungoverned, citizens lose their rights, opinions become fact, and the wealthy become poor. Voting gives citizens what we take for granted, and has the potential for more. 

The loss of voting opens the door for oppression. The government no longer needs the American people to function. With that in mind, politicians are able to push their prerogatives despite what the American people think. Government will become ungoverned. Without representation, unwanted laws will be passed, and traitorous, lazy, evil officials will be put into power. This leads to an unhappy country. Voting fills the gap of equality that leads to happiness. 

Voting is the right above all rights. It is the root of freedom: the freedom of choice. It limits government, it governs government, and it provides representation of the people. Americans need representation. We represent ourselves in person, on the internet, through work, and even on social media. On every level, representation is necessary for a happy country. Voting gives back to the community, it gives equality.

With voting, tradition is replaced by modernization. Where a policy once worked but has lost meaning, a new and fair one can be born. Voting keeps our country alive, it allows for everyone to be unique. Our country is fair, just, and free because of voting. Voting can continue this tradition, and with new technology, voting can spread further. 

Voting is the glue that holds a free society together. Voting represents freedom, fairness, independence, happiness, and more. Without voting, society can no longer flourish. We need voting to keep our basic rights. Our lives hang in the balance.