Should people who are more fortunate than others have a moral obligation to help those who are less fortunate? | Teen Ink

Should people who are more fortunate than others have a moral obligation to help those who are less fortunate?

June 16, 2022
By rynasung SILVER, Canaan, New Hampshire
rynasung SILVER, Canaan, New Hampshire
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“The general idea of the rich helping the poor, I think, is important.” This is what a well-known businessman Bill Gates had mentioned. This claim might sound obvious because people believe and expect helping the unfortunates shows hospitality. Although some people believe that the rich do not have the financial responsibility for the poor, it is significant that the fortunate should help the unfortunates. The foremost reason is that the fortunates can improve society, by employing the unfortunates as their own workmen.

Yes, the fortunate have a moral obligation to help the unfortunate. Not just trying to help the poor by showing hospitality, but the rich can use the poor as their workers. Unlike normal employees, these unfortunates are eager to work, since they always are chased by poverty. The owner of a company who could be fortunate can use these go-getter people for the benefits of the company. By using this method, the fortunate can both help the unfortunates and benefits for that which is a splendid deal. In this way, the fortunate fulfill the moral obligation to help those who are less fortunate. For instance, there was a recent statistics that the unemployment rate of youths in South Africa was 63%. Since they have to earn money, they tried to get hired for any kind of job. A car wash owner decided to use this determination and hire the young to work for him. The result was spectacular. There is a statement that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. If the fortunate decide to hire the unfortunates, these kinds of social and economic problems could be solved.

The fortunate have a moral obligation to help the unfortunate. Not only that it is obvious because it is a way of showing hospitality, but it is also a way that the fortunate could hire the unfortunates and turn it into benefits. Doubtlessly, the decision of the fortunate hiring the unfortunates for both their own and the unfortunates benefits would be a big gamechanger to the economic society.