Formspring.me | Teen Ink

Formspring.me

By kaelaxoxo BRONZE, Hicksville, New York
kaelaxoxo BRONZE, Hicksville, New York

Now, I’m sure you’ve all heard of Formspring.com. This website is a place where mostly teens sign up to get a profile and once they have their profile set up then it starts. Other users of this website can ask questions about other people. Now, don’t get me wrong asking questions is not a bad thing, but things can get pretty ugly. Users on formspring don’t just ask questions they criticize people by telling them that they are fat, ugly, retarded, and much more. I don’t think this was the websites intentions, but unfortunately not all people in this world realize things that are right in front of them. The people that do ask questions realize who and what people are. Those people ask things like “How do you style your hair like that it’s so pretty.” Or “You have a great body do you workout and if so how?” Every person in this world has a brain. One might ask, then what differs these people we hear from on formspring? Well, these people want to make other people feel poorly about themselves to make their selves feel better. There has been a recent suicide caused by this website. Alexis Pilkington died recently due to macabre comments on formspring. Alexis was an All county Soccer Star who took her own life. Now, I do admit I did have a formspring, but it was just to conduct informational research for this POV article. After I was done and got what I needed to know I deleted my account. These people are sick. I had people tell me I was ugly, fat, and anything they could think of. May Alexis Pilkington rest in peace and her formspring do the same. That’s all there is there is no more.

Alexis Pilkington committed suicide because of formspring and I had too formsping and did not like what I was receiving as of question and comments.

11coreya SILVER, Fullerton, California

"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game" Babe Ruth

i agree that it can be taken to far, but people should know what they are getting themselves into. Its like signing up to play football, there will be plenty of people on the opposite side who are doing it for fun just like you but there will be others who try to hurt you. You should know they are there and be prepared. There is a report a question box if things get to crazy but it shouldnt be taken that far.