Cellular Devices In Speedy Situations | Teen Ink

Cellular Devices In Speedy Situations

By ericers123 GOLD, Chester, Other
ericers123 GOLD, Chester, Other

"People never change, circumstances do."- Me.

Someday, I hope to have my own nice little truck. Me and the Ford will travel the world together, but I can't stop thinking "what if". These days a lot of more safety issuses are abrod us while in our vechiles. One particular that is so easy to ignore is the ring of a cell phone. Texting in a car; is texting your best friend about the dress you're wearing for prom the most important thing while your on the highway? While disgusing your accserories is just as important as car ensurance, a coma for months, even worth the risk of you or someone elses life? When is society going to stop and say enough? Kids, parents, sisters, fathers, neighbors, and aunts, all too many that we have allready lost due to people and their ignorance. Could you even imagine, getting a call from your daughter, but not even your daughter. A nurse from the Emergancy Room, explaining why your family member is not able to talk to you, and maybe, if maybe, ever again? Why does the weight of a eighteen-wheeler have to be so much heavier becasue of a simple text, vibrate, or ring?

Over two billion people on our planet are using a cell phone, while many are playing the dangerous and very harmful game of using it while they are on the road. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 73% of drivers who own cell phones admit to using them when driving. Would you want to be the other person at the other end, who is totally innocent, becasue some reckless driver had to text their boyfrined that they would bring home dinner. Life threatening issuse that are quikly araising that come with some serious concenquences. Concenquences that could quickly end a life. While talknig on cell phones can be a bad habit, an even worse state of the use of while driving; texting.

Many people assume it has a lot to do with the age, but actually, this happeneds more and more with more various groups, age had nothing to do with the statistics. A study by Virginia Tech found that texting while driving on the highway increases the risk of having an accident twenty-three times more. On average, a text message distracts a driver for about five seconds, which on a highway means about one-hundred yards. When driving off the highway, the University of Utah found that texting increases the risk eight times. Over 14 states have finaly realized that its time. They have banned the use of cell phones while driving while other states have many restrictions such as bus drivers.

Each year, 21% of fatal car crashes involving teenagers between the ages of 16 and 19 were the result of cell phone usage. This result has been expected to grow as much as 4% every year. We don't need those number to escalate. We have many more problems in society to worry about. So why can't people just listen? Why can't they think twice? I can only hope that the person reading this could concider it next time you get a voice mail while driving to a meeting. If our world is going to grow, and become more active and less corrupt, we need to accept these responsiblities as members of comunities, provinces, states, countries, and even world wide people. I only hope that when it's my turn, I will already be eduacated enough to be safe and to know other people are too. So people, turn off the cellular device in speedy situations.

Turn off the cellular device in speedy situations.

on Jun. 13 2010 at 9:03 am
ericers123 GOLD, Chester, Other

thank you a ton!

Babie PLATINUM said...
on Jun. 13 2010 at 3:02 am
Babie PLATINUM, Modesto, California

"I Hate Kid's I have to many realitives.....ahhhhh!"

i love how you puy that out there for others to know.

ericers123 GOLD, Chester, Other

please comment!