Driving at Age 14 | Teen Ink

Driving at Age 14

By jeromy biggins BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
jeromy biggins BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio

I think kids should get there lessons at age 14. For safety reasons, like if your mom and dad get in a car crash, and you was home alone and you could not get driven up to the hospital or respond and they die but nobody but you cared. That’s sad because you would never get to see them again. You would be alone for nobody to be with you. You could not even go to family members home.

How would you feel? Would you want to go to a family member’s home or see your parents a little more time before they die? But what if your parents are sick and not able to go anywhere?

Mike from D.O.V said kids in Mississippi drive at age 14 and they drive just fine. Why can’t we pass law here?

I think kids 14 years old should have a driver lessons. Most people don’t because they think of crash and texting/party. Once again, what if your parents get in a crash or you won’t to see them at hospital.

dudu said...
i think that driving ages should be changed to 14 i dont think that the first comment was descriptive and it sounded like it came from a 2 year old so! It would give the teen more responsibility and oppertiunities 

Occultkitty BRONZE, Wareham, Other

'One kind word can warm three winter months.' -Japanese Proverb-

I don't belive that there is any need for fourteen year olds to drive. If your parents recived fatal injuries in a car accident you would be tracked down and taken to a member of your family and that person would probably take you to see your parents at the hospital. 

The cost of buying the car and the fuel is also a problem. The kind of job that a fourteen year old is likely to have won't pay enough to buy a car AND pay for petrol on a regular basis. I don't know about anyone else, but my parents certainly wouldn't pay for petrol if i bought a car.

This article also has a few grammatical mistakes that you may want to correct, e.g. "and you was home alone"  should be and you were home alone.