Youth Violence | Teen Ink

Youth Violence

January 12, 2013
By Ala Elfahal SILVER, Matthews, North Carolina
Ala Elfahal SILVER, Matthews, North Carolina
5 articles 1 photo 8 comments

There are many causes of youth violence. One cause is bad parenting skills another is low self-esteem. Envy can be a major issue in creating youth violence. Just remember these are only a few causes of many. I can help stop youth violence by participating in random acts of kindness showing that I care. Organizing groups or clubs of people that are willing listen and to help those with personal problems. Helping someone rather than talk about them. Letting others know that they can do anything as long as they apply themselves. There are many things I can do about youth violence. How can we stop the cycles of violence in our homes you ask? By paying more attention and perhaps care more to what our children are doing and who they are with. We can also teach our children to do things that will affect them and the people around them in a positive way. Don't show any signs of violence because children watch what their parents do. Together we can stop violence in our homes and probably all around Earth. Violence as stated in modern dictionaries is the act of violent works. Children tend to think that violence is the only way to solve a problem as that’s what they learn from the people around them. What would be the source of violence? Anger is the source of violence. Young people today are not being taught how to properly deal with their anger. It is a school counselor's duty to explain how to deal with anger. Anger can get worse if not stopped at the right time. Students are also responsible for creating youth violence. Sometimes as a student we think it is not important to inform an adult about our problems, and decide to deal with them. Especially when the situation deals with peer pressure. Students ourselves must learn how to deal with our problems correctly. Adults are not the only ones responsible for youth violence. Make sure that your child is not involved in youth violence. Keep our next generations and generations to be safe. Monitoring our children's lives will help them in the future. Together we can stop violence.