Why do bad things happen to good people? | Teen Ink

Why do bad things happen to good people?

By Kitten_1201 SILVER, Duluth, Minnesota
Kitten_1201 SILVER, Duluth, Minnesota

Why do bad things happen to good people? My father is a good man, yet he has had health complications for most of his life. He battled cancer, and luckily has been in remission for over 15 years. Then two years ago, he has a stroke and a heart attack. They do tests to find out it was caused mostly by the chemo therapy he had undergone when he had cancer. Right before my 16th birthday, he has open heart surgery. They put in both a pacemaker and defibrillator. His heart was only working up to a maximum of 15%. 15%! Then seeing him cry on Christmas because of my brother and I were bickering over something stupid when he was trying so hard to make things happy for us. It broke my heart. I balled and blubbered like a baby. He had bruises across his chest and a huge incision mark that would soon be a nasty scar. To this day he still has problems yet his main focus is helping others. He not only has equipment inside of him to keep him alive, but tons of medication he has to take. The fact that he keeps going despite his condition keeps me alive and going. If he was gone, I guarantee I would soon follow. If he needed it, I would give him my heart so he could live. That’s how much he means to me and how much I love him.

This means a LOT to me.