Advice Column for Teens by Teens | Teen Ink

Advice Column for Teens by Teens

By lilgallagher BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
lilgallagher BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Dear Teen Ink editors;

I found Teen Ink to be an astounding magazine filled with pages of nonfiction, fiction, poetry, art gallery and reviews written for teens by teens. I particularly found the nonfiction bullying experiences motivational as the stories included narratives from both the bully and the bullied perspective. This is a very serious topic impacting teens all across the world and it’s great to have a magazine to bring awareness to this troubling issue.
I suggest the editors of Teen Ink introduce an advice column as part of the monthly publication. During the teen years, we experience a tremendous amount of growth as we mature into young adults. The University of Maryland Medical Center suggests that “The development of children ages 12 through 18 years old is expected to include both physical and mental milestones.” During this phase of life, teens are getting bullied, and do not know where to go for advice and guidance. More children die from suicide in the 15-19 age group than from the top 6 medical causes of death combined. If Teen Ink had an advice column, teens would have someone to talk to, to vent to, and someone to answer their questions. Therefore, Teen Ink should have an advice column in their magazine or website.
In conclusion, the Teen Ink magazine offers a selection of advice for books, movies, and videogames. Ironically there is no advice column for teens themselves.

Thank you for considering my suggestions I hope they make it into the next publication.

The Teen Ink bullying articles inspired me to think of this thought for a advice column.

Shyguy said...
Shyguy, Sydney, Other
So in the end I agree with her teen ink needs an advice column for teens themselves

Shyguy said...
Shyguy, Sydney, Other
I like a girl she likes me too we have been going out for 2 weeks now and some of our friends are making fun of us I don’t really care and I ignore it and try to make her feel okay but it always backfires and she feel even worse what can I do to make sure that our relationship will stay the way it is but also make sure she doesn’t get upset about them making fun of us