All That Bad?? | Teen Ink

All That Bad??

By AllyInsomnia BRONZE, Perryville, Arkansas
AllyInsomnia BRONZE, Perryville, Arkansas

"Sometime the hardest thing to wear is your own skin." -Jayy Von Monroe
"The greatest thing you will ever learn is to love and be loved in return." -(Movie) Moulin Rouge

Ultimately, being an Outcast is the best thing in the world. To me being an Outcast means not trying to fit the status quo. You aren't trying to be something you aren't. For example, me. I am a Junior in high school and I don't fit in with any specific group. Well, I guess the Outcast's may count as a group. I don't wear makeup all the time and yes, it hurts when people tell me to go and put some on, but, honestly I think natural beauty is best. Maybe a little eye liner every once in a while. I don't have all the fancy American Eagle or whatever the fashions are now. I have clothes from Walmart. I don't wear expensive jewelry, I hardly wear any at all. I don't fix my hair all the time. I don't listen to Lil Wayne or 2 Chainz. Does that make me a horrible person? Is that why I don't fit in? Honestly, I don't want to fit in. I like being different, whether it's my style or my funky hair colors. I am the way I am. I just want to ask...Is being an Outcast really that bad?

I hope that through this article I can help teenagers like me realize that being different is okay. Being an Outcast is alright.

Thanks for understanding..

JessiBear777 BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
From what I gather, you just want to be accepted for who you are right? You aren't telling people to change, you are asking them to stop trying to change you. I can relate a bit. I don't really fit in with particular groups, but I bounce around between them. Anyways, keep being yourself, stay strong.

JesusandHisLawyers SILVER, Austin, Texas

"who the fuck has a favorite personal quote what does that even mean" - me, just now.

I believe most people are aware that being different is okay. Specificaly, people who fall into the outlier categories. Unfortunatly, acting as if being "the same" or "conforming" makes somebody less than you negates any valid points you were attemping to make in this piece.

I don't think I am better than them..Not at all..Honestly, i feel like the dirt they walk upon..I was trying to state that being different is okay and trying to let other teens know that i feel the same way as others..

Congatulations on being a self-righteous sham of a human being. I know this is hard for you to swallow, since it's an attitude instilled in teeangers from the time they're ten by both adults and media, but you're not actually any better than your peers because you don't wear makeup or you don't put as much stock in your appearance. That has literally nothing to do with your value as a human being, or what kind of person you are, and frankly, I'd much rather be around those stereotypical shallow makeup wearing sell-outs that you condemmed than you. They're not going to tell me I'd be so much SMARTER and more INTERESTING if only I'd stop wear ing makeup and start mocking people for their personal choices that frankly, are none of your business.