What Life Has Become | Teen Ink

What Life Has Become

May 7, 2014
By bderezinski BRONZE, Hinsdale, Illinois
bderezinski BRONZE, Hinsdale, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The sign of a beautiful person is that they always see beauty in others


Why do people become the people they said they would never be? Its almost like we lie to ourselves till we realize that this lie we have told for years is the truth. Just imagine little you sitting in the grass telling our best friends “I’m never going to do anything illegal”, “smoking is so bad” ,“I’ll be the good kind of popular”. But in these days it seems that we are congratulated for doing what we told ourselves years ago never to do. You are accepted more. You become more popular. Why is this? People have gotten this idea that being a bad kid is the cool thing to do. To us the cool kids are the ones that party every weekend, the ones that have pregnancy scares, the ones that are people we should look down upon. The funny thing is all the people that we think are cool are never going anywhere. They wont be the next Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, a Kardashian. Instead they will be the people who wished they made better choices so they could actually do something with their lives, but they aren’t and I guess in a few years they will be wishing they were you instead of you wishing you were them.


The author's comments:
People I'm close to are making bad decisions and this is just a way to speak my mind