Skin Deep | Teen Ink

Skin Deep

By KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana
KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you."
— Bob Marley

Looks don't matter. Just because you're pretty or handsome doesn't mean didly squat. Looks don't matter. Just because you're beautiful or handsome doesn't mean everything will get handed to you on a silver platter.

Personality matters. You may be gorgeous like a model, but do you have a good personality. You may not be pretty like everyone else but you have that personality everyone should have. You may be handsome, but are you the one who breaks hearts everyday? You may not be as handsome, but  you treat everyone with respect and treat girls the way they should be treated.

Everyday, someone is judged based on their looks. What is wrong with that? A lot. I guess we can say we as humans want the best and always fight to get it. It's a shame, but that is what the world has come to. "Hey girl, I like that arm Candy you got on you. What's his name?" "Alex." See what I am getting at?

Everyone likes to say don't judge a book by its cover and say that they don't. Bull crap. We all do it at some point in time. I admit I have, but I have changed my ways. They judge you on your clothes, looks and makeup. "Omg, did you see her clothes, she must be homeless." This is pure wrong.

Let me forewarn you, to those who think you are all high and mighty and want people to kiss up to you on your pedistool. did you know that looks always change. You may laugh at this now, but wait till you hit, thirty, where are your "Good Looks?" See, you are so focused on your looks that you never realized that when you get older, you can grow out of that beauty pageant stage. So when you lose your looks what do you have? Wrinkles, dark spots. Where is the great personality at? Oh yeah, you chose to focus on your looks. Wasn't a smart move was it, now are you laughing?

On the other hand, you have those people who were always bullied and "not good enough" to many people's standards. They have grown up. They have grown out of their akward stage and into a handsome or beautiful young lady or man. They had a great personality back then and now they also have good looks. What a shame is it that you couldn't see the personality in them, and look again, the so call "nerds." The so called "Ugly and Fat people" where are they? They have become successful lawyers, doctors. Well, now how do you feel? How do you feel about the way you treated them? Do you wish you could take it back? You may have needed them one day. Even though you disrespected them, you can expect that they will still help you because of their personality, what does this tell you? Are your eyes and ears open? Or are you chossing to be blind?

So think, you judge skin deep, but yet you have no clue who they are, what they are like and what they can do in the future. Think. For you whom judge... why? Why do you judge these people skin deep? Think. Were will they be in twenty years, how about you? Think, they will have their lives on track and will be prosperous and successful. Think. When you judge someone, think of how it will affect them. Judging someone skin deep is like sticking a knife into someone's heart physically, but you are doing this with your words. Think, why do you judge skin deep?

I dedicate this to those who get bullied!

KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

— Bob Marley

I appreciate that comment. Most people look at appearances and it is quite ignorant if you ask me. I am beautiful to some ugly to others. I am ok to myself, but what matters is that I have a great heart and a lot of great things about myself in a inward perspective. Personality is everything. Not looks!

Mikey123 said...
I agree with everything you said. Not everyone is beautiful, but that shouldn't matter.

KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

— Bob Marley

I appreciate that. I try to write with meaning even if I want you guys to figure it out.

chezbona SILVER, Accra, Other

your wildest imagination is just the beginning,make the sky your starting point.
To a better world,
Chez bona.

i think you need a scholarship for this quote specifically "Everyone likes to say don't judge a book by its cover and say that they don't. Bull crap. We all do it at some point in time. I admit I have, but I have changed my ways. They judge you on your clothes, looks and makeup. "Omg, did you see her clothes, she must be homeless." This is pure wrong." that's real fact for sure