Humanity Calling | Teen Ink

Humanity Calling

By teenecrivain BRONZE, Istanbul, Other
teenecrivain BRONZE, Istanbul, Other

The current crisis like civil wars, jihad initiatives, global poverty and hunger are exactly telling us that the present system in the world has to change. Syrian refugees are just the tip of the iceberg, the visible part of a more concerning picture. More and more countries are in a situation of conflict and some have already lost their government, their president. While a horrible majority lives in a worrying environment, frightened that their home could be bombed or their children will sleep hungry this night, the other part seemed rather “indifferent”. Conscience among these first world countries spread more after the refugee crisis. However, the real problem occurred when their governments stated they could not take any more refugees. While some were concerned that the refugees won’t “fit-in” or claiming “they should fix their own country”, the poor people were striving to go back to their country and live happily there like they used to, long time ago. It is not so hard to see that our “nation-based” system after the WWI is slightly failing. Fighting for our nations and borders made us forget what we should do as human being to help the people in need. Maybe one cannot completely understand something that one never experienced, but it should not be that hard to understand that the people fleeing their country did not want a situation like this to happen, or had any control at all. That is what we call “dictatorship”.

Despite the crucial situations like hunger, poverty, civil war, corruption, terrorism, lacking basic needs and sanitation, the relatively healthy living population of the world suffers from racism, any race-supremacy, discrimination, domestic violence, sexual assault, verbal offenses, anxiety and depression. More and more, the people feel nervous, angry, fed up with their lives. They are on the verge of letting all their suppressed fear and anger out. They are not content with themselves. They are not content with the others. They are not content with our world. And this has to change. After years of nation and economy based limitations, treatments, we forgot what it was like to be a human being. We forgot our values. Instead of looking into ourselves and community and seeing what this specie was meant to be and what values made us human, we desperately look for this kind of relief in religion, or blindly believing what others told us about what the “religion” was without reading or thinking about it, in adopting an ideology just because we think that we should have one, forming a community against another one so we can discuss which one is superior. The expanding gap between the two parts of the world is taking us to a future far more concerning than the refugee crisis. I believe the humanity has to make a decision: saving the world from wrong ideologies (which expand from economy to political to religious) and prevent the other part from the complete corruption or committing a humanity crime. Just like a country cannot advance without its half, women, the world cannot advance without its other half as well. I am not saying that we should open all borders and create a common earth, but we should open our minds.

It i sometimes impossible to disregard the facts that everyone seems to forget.