An Ode to an Angel - Horses | Teen Ink

An Ode to an Angel - Horses

March 5, 2009
By Kristiana Reed SILVER, Running Springs, California
Kristiana Reed SILVER, Running Springs, California
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

If ever I am down, they pick me up. If I am thinking of mischievous acts, they look into my eyes and pierce my mind to think correctly. They are great beings, horses are. I've never seen a more splendid thing. When I see a horse, all my worries vanish, my pain ceases, and I am relieved of all problems until I leave the courtly animal.

All they do and have done for us, they ask nothing in return, and yet some men still hold rodeos and make the poor creatures suffer. To be thrown into a tight space and not being able to fight the strange thing on your back, with you're ears throbbing from the noise of the surrounding area, your let out of your small enclosure into a bigger one. You fight with all your might and your very soul along with your spirit fells like its being sucked out. The strange thing finally retreats onto another of your kind until you are roped and put back in your jail.

But thankfully, there are still some who see the wild horse as an idol. With his mane flowing in the wind he creates wile using his mighty muscles to run faster then anything he knows. His nostrils flare. He rears showing his might. But there is something more we see in him, something words can't begin to describe. A feeling as if he gives you a little portion of his might, beauty, and untameable spirit. If only for a short wile, but we feel it. True people feel his spirit of wild come out and show us the real meaning of life, show us the love that nature gives, and to never give up. If ever there is a teacher it is the mustang.

So all who reads this, please remember there is still magic in this world. No, not just the horse, but more. The love he shows us even though we broke his spirit. love your horse as you would a child or a lover. Love him. Have him as your idol. Let him teach you. He is a forgiving creature. He will make you laugh when happiness seems lost. He will listen to your secrets, but never tell. He is a magic being, but not the magic you think of. It's something else no one will ever be able to describe.


By,
Kristiana R.

The author's comments:
I belive that horses deserve more than we give them. They too have created the world. To make them fight a man in a rodeo, is as simalar to abuse as two peas in a pod.