Act your age | Teen Ink

Act your age

March 23, 2009
By vballer14 BRONZE, Cicero, Illinois
vballer14 BRONZE, Cicero, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live life to the fullest go for what you want!


Have you ever driven down the street and found yourself saying “ Oh my god that girl cannot be older than 12 and she’s dressing like she’s 20!” I know I have. Kids these days dress and act older than they are or should. 11-year-old girls wear tight belly shirts with mini skirts and high heels, and 11-year-old boys wear their pants so big that they’re down around their ankles. It’s not right they should dress their age and stop trying to grow up so fast. You see 11-year-old kids walking around talking on their cell phones. What’s up with that! I didn’t have a cell phone until I was 16. I’m surprised that parents let their kids dress and act the way they do. I don’t understand why kids are in such a rush to grow up; the years go by fast enough as it is why make them go by even faster. I remember just starting my freshmen year of high school like it was yesterday saying wow four years here is going to take forever! And now I’m about to graduate in two months! Where’d the time go? Time flies so kids should enjoy their youth while they can because it’s not something you can get back.