Why is Christianity so hated? | Teen Ink

Why is Christianity so hated?

By AyeImoye BRONZE, Dumfries, Virginia
AyeImoye BRONZE, Dumfries, Virginia

A question arose when I happened upon a nice little video called "What made you turn on religion?" (or something of the sort) 

This made me wonder why Christianity is so hated in internet culture. There are definitely a lot of possible answers. There could be the fact that there is just a general trend towards giving up the things of yesteryear and embracing new modern traditions. There could be the fact that the people hating the most popular religion in the world are more vocal about it than people who don't. There could also be the fact that Christianity as a whole is becoming less and less about God and more and more about living the stereotypical archetype of being a Christian. 

I've been thinking about this for a few months but decided to post an article like this because of some recent events. I learned that the church I go to has been planning to build a newer and bigger church in an area not that far away from it's previous location. The problem is the locals didn't want a church to be built and battled against it in a legal battle that lasted 10 years. Eventually we won, but it really put it into perspective how much hate there is to our people.

Disclaimer: If you are in a different faith or are in a group that is spoken down on in the bible, I am not here to cause arguments because Jesus said to love everyone. All of you are great people and everyone has something positive they can say to the world no matter who they are.

...