Define The Following: | Teen Ink

Define The Following:

By littlemsawkward ELITE, Holbrook, Massachusetts
littlemsawkward ELITE, Holbrook, Massachusetts

"To be great is to be misunderstood." ((Ralph Waldo Emerson))

What is arrogance?
Being pompous in front of your fellow man.
Being obnoxious in order to impress those around you (you know, the ones who really don't matter because they really don't care because they are just using you?)
Being selfish at the expense of those who actually care; who actually mean something in your life.

What is greed?
Being rich in wealth and power yet poor in love and spirit. Which matters more to you? Which should be more important?
Being completely totally disgustingly materialistc and absorbed in worldly possessions.
Taking those who truly love you for granted along with all the intangible things that they have to offer you.
Basically, if you didn't earn it you stole it. And if you don't understand that concept or you disagree with that idea, then you're spoiled, which translates into ignorance.
Wanting more than you need. And still wanting more after satisfaction was guaranteed.

What is love?
Unconditional. Blind. Perfection.

What is humility?
Simply - being humble in the face of creation and in the sight of God, Himself.

CNBono17 SILVER, Rural, South Carolina

Lego ergo sum (Latin—I read, therefore, I am)
The pen is mightier than the sword—unknown
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity—1 Timothy 4:12

What is fear? Blindness to the comfort we have in Him; lack of trust. An illusion. The product of overthinking, of wanting to do everything ourselves, of not putting complete trust in the God who loves us. What is love? God incarnate nailed to a cross. 

I really enjoyed this very much so (: Good job. I like your response.

The mission is successful. I got you thinking. I sparked passion - you felt the need to do something, even if it was retaliate. You took the time and the effort. So thanks for the reassurance.

Just do me a favor and don't pretend like you know me. Thanks again!

shhimhuntingrabbits BRONZE, North Port, Florida
What is singlemindedness?

Being so completely sure of your own point of view that you force it on others? Telling others that their materialistic, selfish way of life is wrong simply because of your opinion or the opinion of some centuries old book written by goat herds? Telling others that if they disagree with you than they're spoiled and ignorant?

What is religion?

An excuse for why things didn't turn out the way you wanted? An excuse for persecuting those who you disagree with? A tool for inflaming the populace and inciting wars?

What is serenity?

Accepting yourself, and living to your own standards, and not those of another, or a book, or an imaginary friend.

Why shouldn't I want more than I need? Why do the poor deserve the money more than I? So what if they worked hard and weren't rewarded, and I was born into an affluent life? If the situations were reversed, would I be the more deserving? And if I work for something that I want but don't need, does that make me selfish? Does that make me wrong?

CaseyLeigh PLATINUM, Moraga, California

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to.

As an atheist, I still enjoyed this piece. Good job. :]