Define The Following: | Teen Ink

Define The Following:

October 7, 2009
By littlemsawkward ELITE, Holbrook, Massachusetts
littlemsawkward ELITE, Holbrook, Massachusetts
119 articles 7 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To be great is to be misunderstood." ((Ralph Waldo Emerson))


What is arrogance?
Being pompous in front of your fellow man.
Being obnoxious in order to impress those around you (you know, the ones who really don't matter because they really don't care because they are just using you?)
Being selfish at the expense of those who actually care; who actually mean something in your life.

What is greed?
Being rich in wealth and power yet poor in love and spirit. Which matters more to you? Which should be more important?
Being completely totally disgustingly materialistc and absorbed in worldly possessions.
Taking those who truly love you for granted along with all the intangible things that they have to offer you.
Basically, if you didn't earn it you stole it. And if you don't understand that concept or you disagree with that idea, then you're spoiled, which translates into ignorance.
Wanting more than you need. And still wanting more after satisfaction was guaranteed.

What is love?
Unconditional. Blind. Perfection.

What is humility?
Simply - being humble in the face of creation and in the sight of God, Himself.