You've Been Deceived | Teen Ink

You've Been Deceived

By ScarlettS SILVER, Chapmansboro, Tennessee
ScarlettS SILVER, Chapmansboro, Tennessee

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Oh, the pain, the unbelief that goes through my mind. I wander around pacing, eyes open wide, brow furrowed together.
“How could such logic be considered?” I ask myself.
I sit, for I fear that I will wear a hole in the carpet from my continuous, worried pace.
Something in the very depths of my being stirs, thus causing an unsettled feeling.
“He is real. How could anyone be so blind as to not see His wonderful ways?”
The thought crosses my mind several times before the conclusion comes with much clarity.
Deception. The act of being deceived, beguiled, misled.
This world has been. . . Deceived. Time and time again.
Atheists, witches, warlocks. All made up by the mind. All made up after being deceived.
The unsettled feeling returns.
“Well, I know the truth, and it isn’t my place to judge, but it hurts so bad!”
I sit and hold my head, and let silent, gentle tears run down my cheeks. Oh how my heart goes out to these people!
Can they not see any good mirrored in the life of God’s people?
Don’t they realize that Jesus shed blood to wash their slate clean?
He took stripe after stripe for their sake?
And they take it for granted.
They’ve been deceived.

This was not intended to belittle the beliefs of those who read it. I am not here to judge, but it was intended to show that someone out there cares for those of little or no faith. I have prayed and will continue to do so.

God Bless.

You don't need to belive in god to justify a good deed.  It's called humanity and being a decent, conscientious human being. 

MadMouse GOLD said...
MadMouse GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

'The only things worth doing on the weekend are completely pointless and wastes of time."

I really like this article- thanks for writing it! You're really good at expressing your emotions in writing. Keep it up!

1ClassicLady1 SILVER, Mona, Utah

Success is not final and failure is not fatal. The courage to continue is all that matters in the end.
~Winston Churchill

Thank you hermes

1ClassicLady1 SILVER, Mona, Utah

~Winston Churchill

ScarlettSanders, you're a beautiful writer, but everything you wrote about is hypocritical. You say that you don't want to offend people but you can't respect them and write something like this. Painting them in a deceitful light is low and petty and if you believe in a God who is father to all, you wouldn't say something like this about your siblings.

1ClassicLady1 SILVER, Mona, Utah

~Winston Churchill

Thank you so much for saying this Chewie.

Dreamboat said...
Dreamboat, Madison, Wisconsin

My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

If you where to acually use really logic, you would see that there is no really proff for god and that the belief in something that is going to save you when you die will make you waste your life away.

Saved_By_Grace SILVER, Shoreline, Washington

"I love book signings: kids waiting in line for you to scribble on their new books; ha ha!"
~Brian Jacques

I love Charlie Campbell! I've read a ton of his stuff, too, and it's true: he's a great guy. He offers reasoned arguments, not a series of rants.

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

So it is. No reason to beat someone up over it.

Singinstar GOLD, Commack, New York

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway"

yah i get that...i think its great that people can have different views and still get along

--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

I'm not personally offended, though I do believe in God and heaven and all that. But really I think it makes life a whole lot better to believe in it. I really think that I myself have just had so much in my life NOT to believe in God, if you get what I mean by that.

Singinstar GOLD, Commack, New York

I've sometimes thought about this and i don't really know if i believe in god, and i don't really think that there's a heaven or anything...i'm not trying to offend anyone, but it just doesn't make sense to me

ElizabethY. BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

\\\"You must stay drunk on writing so reality will not destroy you.\\\"

Good writing, I love your style and way with words, though I do disagree with people of other religions being decieved.

--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

“I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” 

Just a quote I heard somewhere, I don't know who said it, but you know...

--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

That sounds so simaler to one of the Psalms that I read once...! Nice job C:

Camelot BRONZE said...
Camelot BRONZE, Woodstock, Vermont
I thought your poem was beautifully written, but i don't believe in god at all. Still, the power of good writing provides a common ground for everyone.

matt7 BRONZE said...
matt7 BRONZE, Charleston, Other

"For where God built a church, there the Devil would also build a chapel."
-Martin Luther

You dont need to believe in God to perform good works, you just need to believe in Him in order to justify them ;)

Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

LOL, way to kill the conversation. :P

coinkedink BRONZE, San Marcos, California
this poemwas beautiful and i adore your talent. i was having my own doubts about being decieved but i heard this dudes lecture and it really makes sense. his name is charlie campbell.

Phoenix said...

I think Portia made a speech about that in The Merchant of Venice.

Bottom line is, it's been discussed B4.

EmoToboe BRONZE, Kemp, Texas

When you've lost it all.......That's when you finally realize.....That life is BEAUTIFUL

I do believe in a God, yes, and I don't think the universe could've been caused by an accident, but who am I to judge, all I have to go by is my point of view, sometimes I wish others would think about that before they judge.

Sorry, but I disagree with many principles of Chrisianity. First of all, many people I see use God's name to justify their hate(see the Westboro Baptist Church). I also can't believe in an antichrist, honestly, how can someone be purely evil.

Sadly, it's almost impossible to voice an opinion without judging others, honestly I read over this I catch myself pointing a few fingers.

I just think that we shouldn't judge anyway, if everyone in the world believes with all of their being, that their taking the right path, who are we to say that they are wrong, just put yourself in someone else's shoes