If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

A_Fate_Unknown BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington

Those who make peacefull revolution impossible, Will make violent Revolution inevitable.

Like how god makes us ill and demands us to be well.

Shine you contradict yourself. You say yes, we need to be perfect and that god requires it. Then you say he's not stupid and knows we can never be perfect. Seems pretty cruel and evil to set standards that he knows no man may accomplish. By that logic your god is twisted and enjoys watching our pain and frustration trying to achieve something he knows we can't.

MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

Contradictions like what, BlueRain?

~C.S. Lewis.

Yes. Matthew 5:48 says, "Be ye perfect, for I am perfect." That's the standard; that's what Heaven is!!! An escape from the woes, and sufferings, and pain--all caused by SIN--of this world. God, being a holy and just God, requires perfection. But He's not stupid. No, He knows we can never achieve perfection. So He sent his Son. 1 Peter 2:24 tells us, "And He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness, for by His wounds you are healed." Christ's righteousness is imputed to us, and following Him is the standard for Heaven. But, don't be dismayed. For Christ's yoke is, "easy, and My burden is light." Then, and only then, will "YOU FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS." (Mt 11:29)

~C.S. Lewis.

That's all very interesting. Are you a proclaimed Pantheist? It's true what you say about life...it does go on, and we have indeed made scientific progress in the past hundred years. But that wasn't my point at all. The fact is, WE (LIVING creatures) do not go on. If we die, are you going to tell me, with Mufasa in "The Lion King," that "our bodies become to grass, and the antelope eat the grass, and so we are all connected in the great circle of life"??? No. The reason that I believe in the afterlife is because I believe in God. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth...You say that Nature, in a way, lasts forever. Well it hasn't been here forever, so what's your opinion? Are you of the mind that a ball of slime evolved into life as we know it? Are you of the mind that Nature is eternal? Or do you agree that God created "Nature"? And if He did determine the beginning, He must have determined the end, correct? GOD is the reason for my belief in the afterlife. God's Word says, "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be urned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God."

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

Only a few hundred years ago people thought that we came sick because demons were inside us and the only way to make us better was to bring someone to drain the blood from their body. Which, if it did not kill them (which was most often the case), just made it worse. We did not have the scientific understanding of human healing processes to make correct decisions, and mostly anyone who did was proclaimed as a witch and burned for making solutions made of natural plant materials. Now that we have learned, we don't have to rely on religion to guess. Maybe someday we will understand what happens after death. What was impossible a few hundred years ago is now possible, and it is a part of life now. So who know where we will go.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

I think you misunderstand the point of living and dying. To continue the process of producing life, things have to grow and die, but in death there is life created. A forest fire burns down the forest but the ashes left over nourish the soil so that newer, younger, healthier trees grow. This is how nature works. Things on Earth are not meant to last forever, and just because they don't does not mean they are meaningless. In a way, things Do last forever, but not in the same form. Just because that chicken someone ate for dinner is dead, does that mean it doesn't exist? No. We are energy, everything around us in energy in different forms. Just as food passes through our bodies, creatures pass through our lives, they come and they go. Planets, asteroids, they pass by and they go. Everything is a cycle of the same things. It never repeats but it uses the same material. Nature is a master at recycling. Now many might think that's horrible, that that "takes all the beauty of being me, of being human". But I disagree. Isn't it a beautiful thing to imagine that what you are is a combination of everything that was and has happened before you came on Earth? Just as there are different kinds of people, there are different paths and every combination is slightly different.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

With the Christian's theory we are relying on people who lived thousands of years ago. Whether you will admit it or not, the bible is a book, maybe to some a very special book, but a book just the same. It was written by men, human men, and so when you say you trust in God, you are really saying you trust in those men, because they could be telling the truth or they could have just made up those stories. Yes, some of it has been proved, such as the existence of Jesus, but that doesn't prove that the whole story is correct. You can prove that clownfish are fish because they live in the sea but that doesn't make everything that lives in the sea a fish.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

People who don't believe in God don't really choose to be separated. It's kind of like having a card marked "Separate" and a card marked "Not Separate", and then those cards are covered by cups and are mixed around and we have to choose which one. We don't know which one is better, but we're going in blind because we don't know which one is true or even which is where. Christians may claim that by joining them you are relieving them of blindness, but it gives you a different kind of blindness.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

I agree with that philosophy.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Well, to believe in the God presented by the bible, you'd have to believe the bible is true, and many people don't.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

If God would come to me and ask me that same question, then there would be no reason for me not to believe in him. I don't think there is anyone that stupid to choose eternally burning over heaven. But wouldn't it be sad if we all went through life believing there was a heaven, that as long as we believe in God we will go there, and then we die and there isn't anything there? I mean, we'll be dead so we won't have the option to be sad about it. We can't be sure what the truth is 100% until we get there. If we prepare ourselves for the worst, then we can't be disappointed.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Within Christianity there are multiple interpretations that often contradict each other. So which of your "truths" are we supposed to follow if there's so many different versions? I don't think God got confused, I think the people who thought they knew him tried to write a story, but then got into an argument over which version was better, but then they threw up their hands and said "Who cares? We can all claim that God told us these things and then people will be even be more divided! What a good idea! We'll be happy but the world will forever be confused!"

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Yeah, there are too many contradictions. But then Christians will just keep going with the "God is mysterious" argument. Well, I know lot's of mysterious people. Does that mean I believe everything they say? I see no problem with a God, but I think the Bible falsely represents him.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Your god requires us to be perfect? I think we can all agree that no one is perfect, because I don't believe in a perfect lifestyle. There are many paths to the real truth, not one truth to the real path. Heaven must be pretty empty if God requires us to be perfect if we don't believe in him.

jensenmarcelle SILVER, Ormond Beach, Florida

No matter where we go or what we do we must live life within the contents of our heads.

Why would our twisted and broken souls be allowed into a place like heaven? Do you believe you're perfect enough to make it in by yourself? Because I know for a fact I don't deserve a place like that. And that's why I need God.

lemonbeagle3 said...

Actually, In the bible (which isn't a great source for you, a nonbeliever I attmit ) It says that we are ALL God's children. He loves us all equally and he WANTS to walk with you spiritually! You must listen to him. 

God isn't trying to be a meany! He is trying to help you. Lots of people misunderstand that. As for me, I care because I know God is calling me to help others in their walk with Christ and I cannot stand to not share the truth! If you were blindfolded on a street and didn't believe me when I said there was a car infront of you going to run over you, I would do the best in my power to covince you to get out of the way, even since I dont know you! Does that make sense?

I went totally off topic sorry :p

1000ForYourThoughts BRONZE, Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Your points are very open minded. I too think it's important to challenge anything you read, especially something compiled well over 1000 years ago that claims factual accuracy.

Sure, people who don't have faith are going to be "punished" because of what a book compiled well over 1000 years ago (and made further invalid by hundreds of translations) says. What about this makes sense?

forever_an_artist BRONZE, Mint Hill, North Carolina

I'm afraid your theory is rather flawed; if God made Himself completely obvious then what is the point of "believing"? The whole point is that you must have faith. So no, you don't KNOW that there is a God, but you believe His word and take the precious blood that he shed for us. Then God can come into us and become so rich to us, and we are built into His eternal dwelling place, the church.

I can understand why people hate religion; I do to. But I love God. Todays religion is so far from the actual, wonderful person that Christ is.