Mormon | Teen Ink

Mormon

By contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California
contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

i have been hearing a lot of bad things about my religion. Just because im mormon doesnt mean im not human. it just means i have a diffrent view on religous matters. also fyi we dont drink,smoke,or do anything like that because we choose not to not because we have to.

aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Props to you for writing this! I don't think badly at all about the Mormon religion and have never understood why others do. They can do what they want to do and believe what they want to believe, it's fine by me. It's not like it affects me or anyone else directly.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

Corinthians, they never said that they are God, and besides, who then was Jesus? Virgin birth or not, he was in human form. The rest of your statement is very incoherrent...

I don't currently have a religion, but you guys have made me admire Mormonism (at least how you present it). Keep up the awesome attitude!

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

On the first point, I definitely agree with you.

silentpeacock BRONZE, Whitney, Texas
1 article 1 photo 80 comments

all it takes is all youve got

i want to learn about mormon stuff. im baptist. ive never heard anything bad about them cuz i have christian friends probably but all i know is they belive in virginity and modesty and they are really godly people. but i have those same principles so.... i will research it

yuka11 SILVER said...
yuka11 SILVER, Gilmer, Texas

"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." -Doctrine and Covenants 25:12

about the original comment- thats the point. no one (man) can become perfect on this earth. i guess there's no point arguing it because we are on this earth and we wont know until later. :) about the bible and the book of mormon... that's ure opinion and i respect that. (im mormon)

yuka11 SILVER said...
yuka11 SILVER, Gilmer, Texas

i think that u guys are right- saying that only one religion is right is blindsided because that makes all other religions absolutely wrong. i do think that all religions have some truth in them because we all basically say the same thing (speaking of Christians in general) that Jesus Christ lives. I think that the LDS church has the whole truth-but one could say that about any church. it's just a matter of knowing or feeling deep within you which church is right. plus arguing about it pretty much contradicts the whole Christian thing. 

yuka11 SILVER said...
yuka11 SILVER, Gilmer, Texas

Basically we are Christians. We just believe that the church founded by Jesus Christ in biblical times lost a lot of the truths it had before and fell away. We believe that the gospel of Christ was restored by God through Joseph Smith and that he received a book that contained the truths that were lost and more. It was written by the ancient people of  America and contains the gospel in all its purity. It is the Book of Mormon (thus the nickname).

PeachyKeen2 BRONZE, Greensboro, North Carolina
Thank you. I love being Mormon, it makes me so happy and I just wish people respected the things that I. and many others, believe in. I wish people had the patients to listen to us, and what we have to say instead of asking a question and then going ahead and laughing at my face for what I believe in. I'm not saying you have to belive what I do, but I just wish people would be willing to listen to. I love being LDS. I love it.

umm... 

I know this isn't helping, but we do beleve we can become God, if we are really good here on earth. 

Trust me. I know this kind of stuff.

If you really want to know more, go to mormon.org. 

Alicia1998 BRONZE, Elma, Washington

"winning":)

I am mormon and we dont believe that we can become god. yes we ask to beforgiven of our sins but that doesnt make us a god. plus, we believie in the bible kjv like most churches do we just believe in other things as well like the book of mormon.

teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Oh my goodness, I have the EXACT same story! :D

I'm Wicccan and my best friend is Mormon-- and people are horrible to him, even though he is the nicest person I've ever met!!

Contemplator SILVER, Lake Park, Minnesota

There is a rainbow in your mouth! Open it up and show the world.
This is just like ice cream without the cream.
I'm as stiff as a dried out twig in the middle of winter.
Who lit the forest fire; the match, or the man holding the match?

Saying that one religion is right is like saying everything falls in only one direction.

1ClassicLady1 SILVER, Mona, Utah

Success is not final and failure is not fatal. The courage to continue is all that matters in the end.
~Winston Churchill

Arguing about religion is pointless. Saying that only one religion is right is just like saying only blond people are right. (Hitler reference)

Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts

"Face the downs and be grateful for the ups." - David Archuleta

I'm not Mormon but I know quite a few people who are and they're amazing people. I don't know why Mormons are judged for their beliefs, it's wrong. I totally respect the Mormon religion.

sofii said...
sofii, Corona, California

" The day you stop fighting for me, is the day that'll know that you don't love me anymore"

thank you someone who sees my point of view

Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

I agree. I am not a Mormon, I am a Wiccan, but one of my best friends is Mormon and I hate it when people judge Mormons because my Mormon friend is one of the nicest people I know and he NEVER judges other religions.

gaga-fan28 said...
I agree with what you're saying, but this seems like the sort of thing that in this current form would be better as a post in the forum. If you wanted to expand and explain your religion even more you could develop that into a better article.

i_love_pancakes SILVER, Lutz, Florida
he bible and the book of mormon do coincide. the book of mormo is just a continuation on the bible.the whole truth is there with the bible and book of mormon.

Imaginedangerous PLATINUM, Riverton, Utah
I disagree with you on prinicple (because I'm Mormon), but I just wanted to say thank you for disagreeing in a civil manner. Most people don't.