Prayers for Skandar 2 | Teen Ink

Prayers for Skandar 2

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Dear God,

I'm here yet again to pray for Skandar. But I'm not only praying his Salvation, as I usually do, I am also praying a little for myself. For myself, I pray that You will help Skandar become real to me. As I pray, he is still simply a character. A person belonging to the far-off fantasy world of Hollywood; a world where only the select few are ever given an opportunity to experience.

I pray that You will allow me to not view him in such context. I pray that he will become real to me. When I pray for my dear friend, Lorenzo's Salvation, I pray much sincerer than I do when praying for Skandar. Lorenzo is flesh and bone real to me: I see him every week, I speak with him one on one, I shake his hand, I hug him...He's real.

Skandar...Well, unfortunately he is still only my favorite actor. Maybe that's where it starts. But I don't want my love and compassion and concern for him to end at his acting career. I don't want him to remain only a picture on my computer screen, a poster on my wall, a character which I blog about on Tumblr. I want him to become as real to me as Lorenzo is to me every day. I want to be able to pray for Skandar with the same passion and reality as I pray for Lorenzo.

When I pray for him, I don't want it to be a repetitive jumble of words. I want there to be a renewed passion and concern for his eternal soul each night as I pray before I sleep. Please, let Skandar become real to me. Let me truly believe that he is an everlasting soul on his way to Hell. Let me believe that earnestly enough that I will pray for his eternal Salvation through Jesus Christ's shed blood as if I truly believe it will make a difference; as if I truly believe You will hear and somehow reach him halfway across the world and change his mind, his heart. Please, Dear God.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

I've found that the hardest thing about praying for a celebrity is that it often doesn't seem real. It's like, you're praying for a character that doesn't really exist. I don't want Skandar to be nothing but a character to me. I want him to be as real to me as my friends and my sister and parents and Pastor. This is one of my most earnest prayers.