What Is Evolution? | Teen Ink

What Is Evolution?

By Niyaroo PLATINUM, Colonial Beach, Virginia
Niyaroo PLATINUM, Colonial Beach, Virginia

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." is what Genesis 1:1 says about the creation of the world. The Big Bang is not how the earth "evolved over time". If God himself has the infinite power to create such an awing universe, can he not do much more?In Genesis 1:26-27 it reads, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth'. So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." Is it me or does this sound more simple than evolving from some ape, which by the way scientists still have no geological evidence to prove other wise?

I know this isn't as long as a novel, but it's enough verses quoted from the bible to prove that evolution is nothing but a lie. Sadly, many people believe it and it's up to Christians who obey God's Word, the Bible, to teach a lost dying generation the truth. We can't continue to allow others and ourselves to be deceived. This may sound harsh to some people, but it's the truth. Sometimes the truth can hurt.

EscapeRope said...
EscapeRope, Cavite, Other
@Niyaroo It's funny how you entitled this essay "What Is Evolution?" when you yourself clearly don't even understand evolution. You're right, scientists "have no geological evidence" to prove that humans evolved from some ape. That is because humans did NOT evolve from apes, nor monkeys or so. That's a common misconception from a typical creationist. Humans and apes just share a common ancestor, which is now extinct (And we have evidences for that, one example is the human chromosome 2) You also stated here that Bible verses are enough to "prove that evolution is nothing but a lie" Well, there's an overwhelming evidences that corroborate evolution (universal genetic code, genetic commonalities, the fossil record) which is enough to debunk creationism. I just hope that you'll bother researching about those evidences that I mentioned here rather than being one of those creationists with cognitive dissonance (I suggest you research bout it too), or you can come back to me and prove that evolution is wrong based on EMPIRICAL evidences and not verses from an old book that has been debunked too many times. Otherwise, your essay makes no sense at all.