Zooniverse | Teen Ink

Zooniverse

Zooniverse is possibly the largest people-powered research website. Zooniverse allows volunteers of all ages to help contribute to scientific researches at the convenience of your own space, time and pace. 

Zooniverse provides analytical skills that could possibly help when analyzing data for schools or universities. Zooniverse also provides a platform for individuals worldwide to share their opinions on related projects. Besides that, Zooniverse allows me to read dicussions made by other volunteers and that is what makes Zooniverse interesting. Sometimes you will come across opinions or discussion topics that are interesting and rare taht sparks your minds allowing you to be more engaged in a dicussion. Sometimes, it can also be a source of knowledge if you are really interested.

Honestly, before hearing about Zooniverse I didn't know such websites existed. I thought that if I wnated to be apart of a reserach or something like this I would need professional skills taht could only be obtained from years of experience and studying. Now, I basically do projects on Zooniverse once a week.

''At Zooniverse, anyone can be a researcher'' which is true you dont need professional degree to help contribute to a project. Basically at Zooniverse, there a tutorial at each different projects to guide you through the process. You dont necassirly have to commit to one project, there are tons of projects ranging from literature, weather, animals and so on. 

Zooniverse allows volunteers and professional to make discoveries that are really benefical to human kind. Sometimes we just need to know waht we are looking for and discoveries makes us feels like we are apart of something bigger - possibly a change.