High school athletes should be able to be drafted out of high school | Teen Ink

High school athletes should be able to be drafted out of high school

By 885277 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
885277 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

High schoolers should be able to get drafted out of high school because, nowadays these kids are 6 foot 5 or 6 foot 6 in high school. With the age range 13-17 year old kids have the skill of nba players right now, they should be able to be drafted out of high school with the potential most of these kids out there. High school athletes look up to those who are already at that position in the professionals and it's not as rare to get a beast of an athlete in high school. 

You see now, zion williamson was a 6’6 high schooler and wasn't able to be drafted from high school, he was one of the best in his high school setting trending dunks etc. He ranked about top 10 out of high school and had very good potential to go right to the league. 

The last time you saw this was Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James. That was in 2003, 16 years ago, they both were drafted out of the same round. Now you see those two still in the nba and those names are at the top of the rankings in the nba. 

If the athlete of any sport is capable of going straight to the league, I feel like that should be granted that and go for it. Also they should have an option to either go to college or go straight pro. Everyone sees it all over the internet. It's mostly these high school kids making plays each and every game, crazy dunks, cray hits in football and get ranked across the country in the top 10’s but not granted straight in the league. 

In the last year or so, the most athletic athletes are seen out of germany. Germany was ranked number one in the U.S. If that doesn't show anything that out of all the states germany was ranked number one for high school athletes and they haven't made anything different. 

From the year 2000 and up until now, the technology has increased dramatically and there are so many new creative ways of making your game better or there is really good natural talent and most of these athletes have that natural talent and its shown but it should be more than that. 

Going to college before a professional career could risk an injury and stop you from getting that chance to go straight to the league of any sport instead of going to college and having to play college ball and risk anything to happen. 

There isn't enough recognition towards the high school kids around the world that can change the future in whatever sport it is. Don't get me wrong there are recognition for these high school kids like full ride scholarships, but why do all that when these kids have potential to go start  their professional career and make some big moves, take some risks in that instead of risking injury in college.

Why I feel like its so important is to protect these high school kids in sports. Football, basketball, baseball , etc. Football is the main cause to this cause this is an all contact sports. Another reason why I feel like going straight to the league is important is to risk injury. Getting injured in college could risk your future even going to the league depending on how serious the injury is. 

The generation we live in now is a sight to see. These high school kids have potential of so much with their skills. In any sport, the question that is always asked around the world is “what they feed these kids.” 

Manute bol was an nba legend, his son is a 7’2 basketball player and didn't have the potential to go to the nba? I don't get that but this year is his rookie year on the nuggets. Bol Bol is his name and there should be no reason why he couldn't go straight to the league out of high school, he’s 7’2.

Heres my argument, I honeslty see it in the future but right now this wont change just of how big the sport industry is getting and postentioal all around but I hold a good arguemtn to what should be but hopefully could be. 

I talked about sports because I play sports my self so I know some background knowledge of anything with sports.