The mysteries of history | Teen Ink

The mysteries of history

By KrainM BRONZE, Rockford, Illinois
KrainM BRONZE, Rockford, Illinois

History is a very wonderful world.Let us start the wonderful world.Look at the history with the vision of development, look into the future.

I have been fascinated by history since I was a child. By the age of two, I could identify many dinosaurs. She always pestered her mother to buy all kinds of history books. When I was in primary school, I liked drawing maps. I often play Chinese chess with my grandfather in the crowd. Under the leadership of my grandfather, I was also invincible in playing around the world. In the process of learning history, I also discovered the interesting thing of chess.

【 Key words 】 History, Chess.

Introduction: From the chess I feel the joy of commanding the victory of the army. I also learned how difficult it is to run a country.

Topic 1: Take a lesson, hone yourself.

When I was three years old, I began to watch my grandfather play the Chinese chess, and later I often followed him to play chess in the crowd. Grandpa is a chess master, playing around the invincible hand. Grandpa told me that playing chess is just like fighting a war. Two armies face each other, and each side is the commander. The viewer can only see, can not talk, this is the most important, is also the first step in life.

1. Grandpa taught me the steps and the use of each piece, such as: the knight moves like a rectangle, the elephant(or the bishop) moves like a field... Chinese chess has a long history. I joined the chess club in the first grade, and finally I was able to lead the 'army' from the position of commander. The chessboard recreates ancient warfare. It is also a kind of intelligence game, people often through playing chess to understand some of the philosophy of life, the confrontation between the two sides is not only a competition of intelligence, logical thinking ability, but also a contest of endurance and psychological quality. So I began to study chess seriously. Each piece has a variety of different moves and cooperation steps, alone is absolutely not, how can the car, horse, run, combined with joint combat is crucial, the use of bad, I was in the club is a hundred victories, then I ushered in the life of the first 'battle'. In an off-campus competition, I met a guy who is really good at this, and my teammates and I were defeated by points and defeated by the opponent. In frustration, Grandpa reached out a big helping hand. Grandpa said: Chess is like fighting, leading an army, not only to look at the overall situation, take a step, think of the logical relationship of ten steps, but also let the other side can not see your steps, plan to see far, a step difference, lost thousands of miles. Don't be discouraged, in every failure, learn a lesson, hone their own.

2. So I often practice chess with grandpa, life is like playing chess, we should constantly summarize, learn from a fall into a pit, gain wisdom. Learning other people's opening, middle game, end game, etc., in chess, I found that the same method, used on different people, will have different results. In order to be stable and ruthless, can not be impatient, the cooperation of each chess piece kaleidoscope, sizing up the situation, improvising, summarizing methods, innovation of all kinds of possibilities, new path. Open your mind. Not only in the chess skills to broaden their own, but also in the heart to overcome others. The competition let me learn the strengths of others. There is a Chinese proverb "mountains beyond the mountains, heaven beyond the sky" that means there are always someone that doing better than you in any field. Over the years, playing chess has enriched my life and I have made more friends. I benefited from it. I honed myself. From the Chinese chess, I felt the pleasure of commanding the victory of the army. Now I have learned in my game how difficult it is to govern a country. It also enriches historical knowledge.

【 Key words 】 history, ancient book repair.

Topic 2: the restoration of ancient books, let history appear.

I have been fascinated by history since I was a child. At that time, my father and mother often worked outside. Whenever this time, I would stay at my aunt's house. My father is a famous Chinese expert in repairing ancient books. So my leisure time is to follow the ancient books and draw the world map. Once he took me to the Capital Museum to visit the repair of ancient calligraphy and painting, which let me know that there is such a profession as the repair of ancient books, so I have a strong interest in this, or curiosity. Therefore, I followed the experienced greatly to learn the basic skills of ancient book repair such as knife sharpening, paste, paper holding and so on, including various traditional binding forms of ancient Chinese books, such as thread binding, wool binding and so on. At the beginning, I sometimes felt a little boring. The MOST impressive IS the first "Qi BAR", at that time I think from the completion of a good, but was greatly given back, repeated several times were unsuccessful. The mood is very irritable, some breakdown. Now it seems that these seemingly cyclic process, in fact, is the best way to learn basic skills, but also a kind of heart, professional quality of hone, this quality also permeates. To my later study and life. Go a long way. In this process, I gradually mastered the simple repair of some damaged conditions of ancient books, such as aging, adhesion, defect and so on. These very precious learning, is an important part of my life, to life, things serious, careful, strict attitude. It also developed self-discipline in my life, which led to happiness and persistence. Seeing precious ancient books preserved through careful restoration is a precious gift to future generations. It's about bringing history back to life. In 2019, I had the honor to greatly participate in the restoration of the walls of the Palace Museum, and I felt a sense of accomplishment when I saw the recovery and restoration of the residual walls. The repair of ancient books can make people calm and enjoy them more and more in the noisy social environment. I also feel very lucky that I have learned a lot and made a lot of progress. The repair of ancient books is not only a professional skill, but also a subject that requires multi-angle research. As a young man, I need to continue to learn and explore in this field, and I will continue to work hard.

Conclusion

In the study of history, I am interested in many things. When I was in junior high school, during lunch time,I always get up front and share the historical stories. Go on and on. With a great sense of accomplishment. I really want to tell you everything I know. I also work as a volunteer (volunteer worker), and once served as the guide of ancient books restoration exhibition. I also learned a lot of knowledge in every volunteer service. In Beijing Tongzhou Middle School - Four Great Inventions of ancient Chinese papermaking technology center as an explanation, guidance. I used humorous language to share the history knowledge with the students. The applause of the students is the best encouragement for me. History is a very wonderful world, and history values the exploration of historical facts. Let us open up this wonderful world, look at history and look into the future with the perspective of development.

Another articles that shows one of my hobby.