What does writing mean to me? | Teen Ink

What does writing mean to me?

October 31, 2022
By Behappyandrelaxed PLATINUM, Shenzhen, Other
Behappyandrelaxed PLATINUM, Shenzhen, Other
27 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Writing is an incredibly healing thing for me. Whenever I'm down, I'm having a hard time, I'm confused, or I'm having a really good day, the first thing I do when I get home is sit down and write what I'm thinking .

Watching the words be typed on the computer screen; watching my thoughts and emotions spread out on the pages of the memo, I feel that some of the tangled threads in my brain are being smoothed out one by one. Writing, sometimes is to clear my mind and calm me; sometimes is to record the beautiful bits and pieces, so that the bright days become a good medicine for the tough period.
 
Words have a magical power. It can be painful. It can also be inspiring . And it can even be a lifesaver in some moments. I hope my words to be my healing agent, to reach out a hand to pull me up on my weary days, or to let me rejoice on my blissful days; I hope my words can become a magic potion for a stranger, and give him or her a chance to find the hope in difficult days.


The author's comments:

I love writing. Hoping the pieces that I write could burn more brightly like a flame, and will be able to transmit the warmth and the light of the flame to farther distance.