Writers Block | Teen Ink

Writers Block

By Ye BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Ye BRONZE, Cupertino, California

I am trying to use a lot of analogies and metaphors, and show how it is sometimes when I’m writing a story or a set piece. My favorite part is the first sentence where I use a lot of metaphors. I am also trying to imitate Ralph Fletcher, and his use of metaphors. I am trying to write from 1st person's POV as well. This set piece shows my struggles sometimes when I am writing something.

When I write, I hit these walls, where my brain feels like a forest, fogged up at night, and I’m lost, trying to find my way home. Finding the exit is the hardest thing to do, and eventually, I feel lost forever and give up. When I feel lost during writing, I cannot think about what I should write about, and I feel I have no leeway for my following sentence. The best thing to do here is to move forward because eventually, I will find an exit. I will find a set of words, which will give me some breathing space, and freedom, which will allow me to continue my writing. 

This article is about what happens to me when I write something, and how it is for some people when writing, like me.