Dream | Teen Ink

Dream

By vballlm13 SILVER, No. Tonawanda, New York
vballlm13 SILVER, No. Tonawanda, New York

In the summer of 2009, I was selected to be on the Olympic Junior National Volleyball Team. My dreams became reality and I was honored to represent the United States. I was full of emotion and pride, soon to be cherished as a memory. This was an opportunity of a life time; a prayer that only seventeen other girls would have answered. When I arrived in Chula Vista CA, I began to embrace this amazing experience. I was accompanied by some of the finest athletes in the country, full of talent, knowledge, and compassion for the game. We learned from each other; girls from different regions communicating and understanding each other's motives and goals in life. We became an united family in such short time, and shared some of the same expectations. I was overwhelmed but yet proud and thankful for all the people that helped me achieve this goal. Some of the elite coaches were present, Olympic athletes also served as key note speakers at the opening ceremony. I was humbled by the whole experience. This is one event I will never forget and will embrace the moment forever. I have not yet completed my journey and look forward to the opportunity to play libero for the University of Georgia!