Michael Jordan | Teen Ink

Michael Jordan

March 6, 2013
By Anonymous

Michael Jordan also known as “MJ, His Airness, or Air Jordan” was born on February 17, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York, is famous for his amazing basketball skills and his clothing line. When Michael was young, basketball wasn’t always his sport he loved baseball. As a sophomore he didn’t make his basketball team for his high school, when that happen he decided to work harder and made the team the rest of his high school career after high school Jordan accepted a basketball scholarship to the University of North Carolina, during his college career he became the rookie of the year in 1982 and also won a championship. His sophomore and junior year he was named player of the year and in 1984 he decided to join the NBA, in the NBA draft Michael was the 3rd overall pick for the Chicago Bulls while playing for the bulls he won three championships. In the summer of 1993, Jordan was grief stricken, and his father's death, combined with media reports about his gambling, led him to announce his retirement from professional basketball in October. Jordan had won three straight NBA titles, three regular season MVP awards, three playoff MVP titles, seven consecutive scoring titles, and he was a member of the All-Star team every year that he was in the league. In just nine seasons he had become the Bulls all-time leading scorer. During his retirement he went to play minor league baseball for the Birmingham Barons. Seventeen months later he decided to go back to the NBA. He went back to the Chicago Bulls to win three more championships. In 1999 for the second time he retired from age, and become part-owner of the Washington Wizards three years after retirement he decided to join the NBA once again to play for the Wizards after three years of playing he once again retired from the NBA from injuries and his divorce. Now Michael is the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats and has one of the best selling shoes in America.