Goalie jobs | Teen Ink

Goalie jobs

By johnny byrd BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
johnny byrd BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

Soccer

Goal!!!The goalie is although the most boring position in soccer but it takes patients to play this position which makes it the most important position. Not only is it the best position it’s also the hardest position too. This is position is hard because the goalie needs to know alot of moves or skills to be in this position.

Block! Block! Block!The skills that the goalie needs to know is blocking because without blocking the ball it could go in the goal and cause the opposing team to get a point. Blocking the ball is also important because it can help keep the ball in play to give his/her team an advantage. Another skill the goalie needs to know is having agility. This is a good skill because when the goalie dives to one side he needs to be able to get right back up to block the next shot.

As i said in the previous paragraph that the goalie needs to dive well that is a skill but it’s the hardest skill for the goalie. The goalie needs to be able to jump good so he could get the ball if its kicked high in the goal. But for him to be able to jump high he needs to be strong in the legs. Also he needs to be strong in the upper body because if the ball is kicked really hard when he dives he needs to block the ball good with his arms or body and not be hurt from the impact of the ball on him/her.

The goalie, the ball coming to him/her, heart pounding, trying not to freeze up. Some of the pressure comes from the opposing team. Some of the players attacking the goalie make fun of what the goalie says to distract the goalie. And the goalie needs to be careful also because if he slid under the player to get the ball in the goalie box and the player falls it is a yellow or red card for the goalie and there will be a penalty kick for the opposing team which could give them a point. The most pressure is made by the goalies team. The team is not only counting on the goalie to make amazing things happen but to save the ball and if the opposing team makes a goal the team will either be disappointed, let down by the goalie or if the goalies lucky the team will appreciate the goalie for trying his best to stop the ball.

The goalie is the hardest position because he/she needs to have many skills like diving, jumping, blocking, and have agility. Actually the midfielders job is harder because most of them have to play defence and offence. But i believe that the goalie is the hardest out of both because the goalie watches what the defence does and sometimes if they are winning by a lot, they goalie will sometimes go in to the offence.

Therefore the goalies job is harder than any other position in soccer. This is because he has to dive, block, jump, and have agility. He also needs to know how to handle pressure. So now i consider that the goalie is the hardest.

I like to play soccer and when I'm older I want to play for the Germany International team and the team Bayern Muchen [bie-ern mune-ik.

on Jun. 8 2014 at 9:00 am
hey guys if and when you read this it would be great if you write back so i can be a good writer like all the others. thank you you guy are the greatest. muah ;)