What Soccer Means to Me | Teen Ink

What Soccer Means to Me

By Eric Arakelian BRONZE, Glendale, California
Eric Arakelian BRONZE, Glendale, California

Soccer, to me, is like a passion. Whether it’s playing it or watching it, i can’t live without it. You can compare this to how important a banana is to a monkey. If you take the banana the monkey will be furious. Whenever i am on the pitch, i just feel a sense of comfort because I am doing what I love to do. I also relieve any stress if i have any because when I play it puts me into a happy mood.

My love for this amazing sport started when I was little and thanks to my dad. I started getting into soccer when i was around 5 and at that time I cut out a picture of my favorite player today Cristiano Ronaldo from a magazine. Even ten years ago he was my favorite player. My dad started to teach me some tricks and dribbles which made the sport really fun since i was learning how to play good. My first big soccer event that I kinda watched was the 2006 FIFA World Cup. I watched a few games and I found it to be really cool, but being that small of a kid sometimes i wouldn’t have the patience to sit through a few games. After that my dad taught me to dribble past other players. We would sometimes just go to the park and practice for fun. A while later when the 2010 Fifa World Cup was about to happen, I was really excited. Me and my dad woke up every morning at like six-thirty just to go watch the games with my uncle. We also bought breakfast most mornings so we could all enjoy it and watch the games. This was the best experience ever, and I thought to myself, wow, I have to wait another four years for the next world cup not knowing how soon time would actually pass. About a year and a half ago I joined a local team with my two best friends. I started to like get better and better with the practices we had to go to, and the best part was that my two really close friends were playing alongside me. We still go today, and the fact that all three of us are in the same team makes it way more fun. We have our games coming soon and preparation is the most important factor. Aside from the team I play for, my favorite club team is the legendary Real Madrid. I have always loved this club and I always will. It contains most of my favorite players including my all time favorite Ronaldo. Whenever I watch Real play, i just enjoy their style of play. They play in a way that just wows you, and one of the reasons is because the team is quick and the players have a lot of chemistry together. This helps them make the best passes possible. My favorite national team would have to be Brazil because of all the legendary players that played in it over the years. The reason Ronaldo is my favorite player is because when I first watched him play ten years ago, I knew he was going to be an amazing player. Also, another reason is the magazine cutout I mentioned earlier. I have planned with my friends to go to the Real Madrid stadium in spain when we graduate. I can’t wait for this amazing day where I can see my favorite players destroy others in their own stadium. As I said earlier, i was not aware at all how quick the next world cup would happen because time flies. A few months ago in June when the World Cup was about to start, I couldn’t hold my excitement in. Over the school year I raised one of my class grades I wasn’t doing too good in mainly because of this years World Cup. After it started, I would get up every morning and watch almost all the games of that whole day no matter what time. My mom also watched since my dad was at work. This world cup was the one I loved the most because I watched almost every single game that had the good teams, and I really enjoyed it. It had a few unexpected twists that really got to me. After the world cup ended, I was extremely disappointed at the thought that I had to wait four years again. Although, i’m pretty sure it will come quick. The World Cup is always worth the wait.

Overall, soccer has always been part of me, and it always will. I continue to play it, and watch it. I even play the game Fifa on my Playstation 4 because I just love soccer that much. I hope to become better and better, and if possible, get somewhere later on in the near future.

This writing explains my passion for the amazing sport of Soccer

mahmed0003 said...
mahmed0003, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood