Universities Should Pay College Players | Teen Ink

Universities Should Pay College Players

Universities and other athletic competitors should be getting payed some sports can make up to 3 million dollars. They can range from tickets,seats and other various purchases. Like Football they can produce millions or billions every game but that money goes into the directors pocket.

As to support this and solve any problems with players not getting paid the minimum salary of 25,000. This will not make players rich nor poor but will provide them enough money to live on for the time being. In both situations the coaches still get enough while salaries are being paid to college while the tickets food and other principals.The items that are mandatory for the field or whether to fix the stadium or make a new one are needed or not.
The coaches are getting paid more than athletic departments“Last season in January 8, 2016 Jim Harbaugh made $7 million this season as Michigan’s coach.”Few Division I athletic departments make money that means that more coaches make more than a University the average amount of money that a Division 1 makes is The Alabama Crimson Tides.

They receive most of their money from tickets
To get a salary the player has to be playing on the same team for 1 whole season and has to get 90 percent or higher on an academic test and has to take it every four months. They also have to be required a 110 up IQ to begin a salary but you can play a season but won't get salary until you get a 110 or higher IQ. Over time the National Collegiate Athletic Association (N.C.A.A.) would raise the minimum salary that a player could receive star players Heisman award would receive and additional bonus to the salary for the next season.

In conclusion the players should receive an Annual salary of about 150 thousand dollars. Also they can make 25 thousand dollars every two months salary. Each player can make a max of 200 thousand dollars if they win a Heisman award but also hard work award that will award 1 thousand dollars to a player as a beneficial to the all the money given. As to the Heisman award they would receive a 15 thousand dollar bonus.

rquigley11 BRONZE, Columbus, New Jersey
I also agree that college players should have the chance to get money for playing in college. I feel that them being paid is a smart idea and this article really shows the evidence behind it. Keep up the work!