How to Get a Blinding Headache | Teen Ink

How to Get a Blinding Headache

By KingBlock25 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
KingBlock25 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

"Those who think they can, and those who think they can't, are both usually right."

Materials:
A sense of dedication
A 400 meter track, use only 200 meters
At least one coach to time your sprinting
8-200’s at 30 second pace with 2 minute break
3 other teammates, at least one who is faster than you
Water

Directions:
Take up time before hand pole vaulting so it’s you and your 4 teammates with 3 coaches watching and timing.
To begin, start off your first 200 really well, be under the pace time
For the next 2 or 3, continue to sprint as fast as you can, but end up burning out with about 50 to 100 meters left, crossing the line about 3 seconds after you really should. Don’t forget to drink water.
On the fourth one, when the coach tells you to pick up the pace, do so by gunning it right off the bat only to realize you are way ahead of the others and slow down a bit, meeting the pace.

On the 5th and 6th, keep the pace up, you will be tired but keep going, this is where it gets good.
On the 7th 200, stay positive, you only have this one and the next, try to stay with the pace.
If all goes well, that kid that is fairly faster then you will challenge the rest of the people to try to beat him and if you do you get lunch. Take him on.
Sprint as hard as you can for as long as you can, only to be beat by 50 meters.
Walk around the football field in your socks for the cooldown, getting to the opposite end zone, you should start to develop a headache. Don’t mind it because that means you work hard.
Make sure to drink plenty of water afterwards, stretch and go home and eat.