Writing- Part 3 | Teen Ink

Writing- Part 3

By Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other
Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

It's the only thing worth doing,
My one true passion,
Telling a story,
From the bottom of my heart,
Providing that joy which
I feel when I read
To another,
And making their day
That much
More enjoyable.

Part three in my series!!!

windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado

let it burn, suffering teaches the soul; let it grow, love nourishes the heart.

i know what you mean when you say that writing is a passion, but for me it is so much more than a passion, its life to me. i9 started writing when i was only six, just the basic words and sentences, nothing to complicated. by the time i was eight i had a 12th grade writing level, along with a college reading level. now one of the few things that im constantly doing is reading or writing. the only reason i havent been writing on teenink latley is because ive been hanging out with my girlfriend. the morning from 9:00-10:30ish are mine to write what i want though. i read your stuff often, and i contemplate on the meaning that each individual poem has. well good day to you.

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

Thanks! Comments give you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, like pride, gratitude, all that together. Writing is truly a wonderful passion!

windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado

i have adored the first part, but i cannot even use words to tell how much i like this poem. simply a five out of five. this truely draws out what i feel while writing and its for some of the same reasons that i write.