FDR, the Best Roosevelt | Teen Ink

FDR, the Best Roosevelt

By Alex.D SILVER, Santa Cruz, California
Alex.D SILVER, Santa Cruz, California

The nation busted
The bowl was dusted
And FDR was ready to roll
The TVA
The CCC
He was always topping the polls
Only feared
Fear itself
Franklin couldn’t go for a stroll
Went to war
Rocked some more
And he lacked motor control
Secret cripple
No one knew
He was always on the partrol

FDR rocks. Have you read his address to Congress on the subject of a interstate vegetable tax? Brilliant piece of diplomacy!

Alicyn said...
Hi Alex: I am a 67 year old Grandma and former teacher who just returned from a Hudson Valley vacation.  We had to see the FDR library after seeing the Roosevelts on PBS and we loved being there.  I am in a poetry group which meets tomorrow and I wanted to find a poen about FDR.  I loved your humor!  Could you tell me a little more about you so I can present a biography of you to my lady friends. Sincerely, Alicyn Goughnour Fair Oaks, Ca

Alex.D said...
Your ill-supported and highly debatable claims completely ignore the humourous intent of this poem.  Everyone was enjoying themselves and this light verse until your comment appeared.  Way to go.

Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

He also threw thousands of Japanese-Americans into internment, largely destroyed the economy in a vast number of ways, undid the constitution by redefining the role of government, he extended the Depression an estimated six years, and he cursed us with a massive entitlement program which now has a 30 trillion dollar short-fall.

His myth will live on.