Storms of Anger | Teen Ink

Storms of Anger

May 6, 2019
By 0knaak GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
0knaak GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My father’s anger lies underneath the surface. Underneath the short temper within. With a bad day, it comes trickling through, creating cracks, until it explodes. Explodes like a volcano erupting after a million years. Words more more erruptive than a volcano, more powerful than an ocean storm. Sloshing through your mind, taking over your thoughts, until the words are gone, and your mouth is held shut, by the fear in your mind. On a good day the surface holding the anger seems strong. Seems unbreakable, as the good times seem like they will endlessly roll. As jokes pour out of his mouth, a smile takes over half his face.

My mother’s anger is as temporary as a child's. Anger set off like a small bomb, or sparkler on the fourth of July. Words leave her mouth without crossing her mind, as her youthful anger expresses itself without thought. Short-Lived, and ended with the realization of making no sense, having no purpose. Usual laughs at her temper fill the air like bubbles, uncontainable. Her face flushes with pink as the small storm within her mind has faded to a drizzle.

My brother’s anger is like thunder. Unstoppable, unarguable. You’d get a better response arguing into a wall. It continues, endlessly like a black night of thunder- filled skies. Predictable, and much less fearful than its sister, lightning.

My sister’s anger is like lightning. Hurtful, powerful, unexpected, and faster than the speed of light. Words leave her mouth like boulders falling down a mountain.  So powerful, so unstoppable, your heart nearly leaves its chest. A usual door is slammed or shove into a wall, like a child not getting what they want. Like a child, regret fills her mind, as she forgets her anger within an hour. She had not even known its purpose.

My anger is like a storm in the middle of the ocean. Unknown, but relentless and uncontrollable. After weeks it finally reaches land with such unstoppable strength, it even surprises mother nature. But with any storm, it ends, either quickly or after days. Hence the days of stubbornness residing within, making me either forgive or never forget. The drizzle of a once powerful storm rolls down my cheeks as the powerful anger I had known seconds before was too unbearable to control. The storm leaves within me, as I shut my door and hide in my room from the world. Rain drops slide down my face like rain on a car window.