Stuck In An Elevator Script | Teen Ink

Stuck In An Elevator Script

By Stripp7388 BRONZE, San Pedro, California
Stripp7388 BRONZE, San Pedro, California

STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR

Lauren 1 = fog, forge, filth, fraud, forgotten

Sierra 2 = coy, cash, casual, calm, call 

Fernando 3 = misunderstood, money, murder, memory, masterplan

Jaselyn 4 = lawyer, lost, loot, lifted, love

Julio 5 = pirates, papers, permission, pickle, prohibited 

DESCRIPTION:

Three to four people are stuck in an elevator. They have never seen one another before and will never see one another again. They do not share names or any other information that would give their identity away. Knowing that they will not be rescued from inside the elevator for some time, all characters end up sitting on the floor. To pass the time, they begin to share confessions, feeling confident that their secrets will remain safe. 

CONNECTION: 

Sierra works for an organization who takes kids that she steals from the hospital as babies. The organization raises them and teaches them to deliver drugs to addicts. Fernando is one of the druggies who receives the prescriptions. Lauren is someone who works for the organization as well, her job is to have a fake part time job at the hospital so she can steal drugs and forage the doctors signatures. When these babies and drugs are delivered to the organization the kids start at 5 years old to start in the drug dealing industry. Julio is an example as one of these kids. Jaselyn is a lawyer, who also works for the organization to protect them from any court cases they may face.

SCRIPT:

Character 2 walks into the empty elevator carrying a baby and begins to talk to the infant.

Character 2 : A while back I dreamed of being a mother, but now I can’t stand you little brats. 

Four sketchy individuals walk into an elevator and begin to start a conversation. Character 4 notices the infant and looks at Character 2 looking to make conversation.

Character 4: Awe how cute, boy or girl?

Character 2: I would rather not say

Character 4: Oh, I see

Character 3 starts tapping his foot and shaking his hands.

Character 1: ummm you good? 

Character 3: no, my normal supply is late this week! So now I have to come here to get my drugs.

Character 2: Oh..oh wow. Okay just try to calm down.

Character 3: You must have misunderstood me. I need my medication to calm down. I have severe anxiety. 

Character 2: Well then let’s get you where you need to be. What floor is everybody headed to? 

All characters: floor 6 

Everyone looks at each other astounded by the odds they all need to arrive at the same floor, the tension grows. Character 2 presses the 6th button and the elevator begins to shake around them. 

Character 1: Why are we shaking! What did you press?!

Character 2: I literally only pressed the number 6!

The elevator stops and the characters wait 2 minutes but the doors do not open

Character 5: Great, look what you did. Now we are stuck here! 

All characters begin to sit on the floor waiting for the mechanic to arrive. 

Character 2: Do you guys think the Call button works?

Character 1: No please, no more buttons. Unless you want us to be left and forgotten down here. 

Character 4: Well this elevator is going to take forever to get Lifted

Character 5: This is quite the pickle, but hey since we are here I kinda have something I want to get off my chest. 

Character 3: Don’t we all kid.

Character 2: Well don't be coy, tell us what's up. 

Character 5: Okay so basically I work for this cooperation right? We deliver drugs to people in need, well I'm in a bit of trouble because the papers my best client needs for his prescription got lost. 

Character 4: wait you really lost them. 

Character 5: yeup, so now I have to ask my boss for Permission to get those papers back. 

Character 1: Well, since we are confessing things, I have a confession about committing fraud. 

Character 5: Isn’t that like Prohibited?

Character 2: Hey, not gonna lie if you need the extra cash, that would be my first choice. 

Character 1: Nothing too crazy, but let’s just say this is a part time job, when I am on break, I forge doctor’s prescriptions.

Character 3: Hey we do what we have to get by.  

Character 4: Well I am Lawyer and yea, I ensure the protection of my clients which are big drug companies in my city. 

Character 5: well I don’t feel so bad about my crime anymore.

Character 4: people say my job is hard, but I love the rush of lying under oath.

Character 3: Well my confession isn’t too bad, there is no Master Plan involved. Just an old man with a drug obsession. 

Character 2: How long have you been this way? 

Character 3: My first memory of drug use would probably be back in college, before I got kicked out. 

Character 1: I bet that memory is pretty fogged up anyways. 

Character 5: I once while delivering met this dude who was so messed up in the head from all the drugs he thought he was a legit Pirate. 

All characters begin to laugh cause to them this sounded ridiculous 

Character 4: What, did he ask you for Loot instead of money. 

Character 1: did he dress in the ugly clothes and smell like the filth of a pirate?

Character 5: Honestly I don’t remember the details, but I will never forget him called me matie on my way out. 

Character 2: what did you just casually walk away or say EYE YIE captain.

Character 3: No, he was probably counting his money and hurrying to the car rather than worrying about that idiot. 

Character 5: This has been fun anymore deep dark secrets, anybody?

Character 2: Well I steal babies from the hospital, my work raises them to deliver drugs, but lets not talk about it.

Character 3: well I murdered someone

All the characters went silent as their mouths slowly dropped

Character 3: I was kidding, but man you should have seen the looks on your faces. 

All characters laugh

Character 2: I think you got us all with that last one. 

Clanking and creaking sounds start coming from outside the doors as they slowly open revealing a bright hallway with a giant sign at the top labeled  floor #6

Character 5: Well as fun as this has been, I guess it is time to part our ways.

Character 4: Goodluck with your boss.

Character 1: And you with you next case.

All characters say their goodbyes and all enter different doors, to never see each other again.

This is a script we made for my creative writing class.