Chaos | Teen Ink

Chaos

August 7, 2023
By Pickleglocker BRONZE, Clover, South Carolina
Pickleglocker BRONZE, Clover, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I often find myself loving the way the wind blows before a storm.

The way the trees move so graciously yet roughly at the same time.

I love the dark shade of grey that seems to overtake the sky and cover it up like a blanket.

It reminds me of your eyes when they turn a dark shade of blue almost grey.

But most of all i love the storm that comes with it.

I guess you could say that i love the chaos because it reminds me of the chaos taking place  in my own mind.

The never ending thoughts that seem to drift through my mind the same way the wind drifts through the branches and leaves of the trees.

The chaos of the sky about to pour reminds me of the rainbow after. The way you light up my days and put an end to those thoughts that seem to cause havoc in my mind.

I guess you could say i love the storm because i know it’ll always come to an end and the sun will dry up the blanket of water that covers the ground. The same way you dry my tears whenever I feel there will be no sun.

I came to realize that i love the storm because i love you enough to become my sun.


The author's comments:

I wrote this poem for me and my boyfriends first year together. I wanted him to truly understand the outlook i had on life before i met him.