Being Indifferent | Teen Ink

Being Indifferent

By cree8ive GOLD, Billings, Montana
cree8ive GOLD, Billings, Montana

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." Mariane Williamson

Pass by him
walk faster
look straight ahead
do not smile
say no words
as if you didn't see
Keep your head up
keep moving forward
Swiftly, indifferent
Cast your eyes
from his face
Feign disinterest,
pretend not to care.
Believe your lies too
Unless you convince yourself,
you'll never convince him.

LIKEwhoaa GOLD said...
LIKEwhoaa GOLD, Carrollton, Texas

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
-Charles DuBois

this is really good, because everyone can relate to it:) and it is very well written [oh my goshh i sound like a teacher!] great job:)

<3

SilverDawn GOLD, Burnaby, Other
wow, really good poem! so true too. i'm sure everybody has been in that situation before and yuo worded it very nicely. greak work! (:

xXFadedFlowerXx GOLD, Roy, Utah
Really nice poem, I've been in that situation before and it is pretty awkward. You're a great writer. Thanks for commenting on my poem "Dead Flowers" by the way! :)

Lonleydandy said...
I really liked this poem...I am sort of in the same situation. I wanted to check this one out because you recommended it to me when you looked at one of mine. [Thanks for that by the way, you should try some of my other poems...you might like them...but I don't want to make any assumptions] It was really good!

cree8ive GOLD said...
cree8ive GOLD, Billings, Montana

thanks. it's actually about this guy who found out i liked him, and his locker was across the hallway from mine. so i saw him after school everyday, and i'd pretend not to notice him, because i didn't know how to face him. thanks again for the comment! i'll be sure to check out some of your work.

booksarelife4me SILVER, Lutherville, Maryland

"Forgive and Forget and Never Regret."~A old friend

I don't know why but this really drew me in. Nice poem.