Undefined | Teen Ink

Undefined

May 8, 2024
By klemaster BRONZE, Federal Way, Washington
klemaster BRONZE, Federal Way, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Life is messy and seems random just like a tree's leafs.

But when one of those leaves isn't getting the light and attention of the sun it begins to shift directions

That leaf must shift and move to try to recover from the deprivation from the sun's warm rays and get the attention it seeks.


Life must shift and mend around obstacles like a leaf..

Like the roots of nature.

When they encounter a rock the roots move around the rock to continue their journey.

Or like how ants move around, over, under the same rock when they face obstacles.

You must do the same in life; you must find your own way

When you hit a brick wall made of problems you must find a way to get to the other side.


Sometimes the wall is longer than expected.

But there is always an end or entrance to every wall in order to get to the other side.


The only problem is if the wall is too long you must make the trek back to get to where you started.

We call that recovery.


And sometimes the recovery has mountains you must navigate first to get to where you started.

It never looks the exact same for anybody.

It’s up to you to persevere and learn from your mistakes

So that you don't have to cross the exact same wall for the same reason, only limiting your progress.


Because at the end of the night. 

That wall stands intact ready to taunt you and leave scars in your mind.

But scars fade with enough time.

That's what we call healing

.

It is up to you to decide what path you take to overcome obstacles.

It is up to you to decide when you're past the wall and you can begin to recover.

And eventually heal from your scars and experiences.

At last you can rest and wake up to the realization that you don't know when the next wall will come.

You won't know the next time you will have to learn and recover and go back to overcoming all the obstacles.

So enjoy the calm before the storm.

And don't get greedy and take the peace for granted.


The author's comments:

A lot of what I write is about recovery and trying to make positive progress against the issues in my life and to not only remind myself but others that the future is UNDEFINED hence the name. You don't know what will come next and its important to get back up when you get knocked down otherwise you wont make any more progress. If you quit that's it your guaranteed to fail. That's it. Being flexible around the problems that life throws your way will help you overcome the problem faster.