smudged fingerprints | Teen Ink

smudged fingerprints

By poetic_natural GOLD, Jefferson, Wisconsin
poetic_natural GOLD, Jefferson, Wisconsin

"you know you're in love because you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams"

Even though I promised myself that I wouldn't fall in love with you, I couldn't run away from what I knew was true.
The way you made me feel, I thought that it was all real.
The way you said goodbye. I had to accept that it was our time.
I could go my whole life and never realize why you made this end. But no, we'd just be friends.
things got rough but you were still the one that I loved. But when is it ever going to be enough?
I never thought that you would light that fire, I never thought that it would start.
but you left me, to burn into ashes. All that there is left is smudged fingerprints, that are left in my torn heart.

This is a recent poem about a boy who i had for a little while then he broke my heart

Thanks a lot for the comment, yeah he told me that he loved me and he dumped me shortly after, but i am moved on, and thanks for the comments ill check out your poetry:)

Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

This is so amazing, and I agree with SilverDawn, I especially love the smudged fingerprints part.

I hope your heart is a little more mended since your breakup.

Great job!

SilverDawn GOLD, Burnaby, Other
aww, i feel for you ); good little rhymes though and nice idea about the fingerprints (: keep writing~