sincerity | Teen Ink

sincerity

By rainskye SILVER, Redlands, California
rainskye SILVER, Redlands, California

i've seen you before: in the earnest eyes of a child, in the reflection of the mirror;

i've heard you before: in the gentle words of the bible, in the silence of realization.

i've felt you before: in the cold etchings of stone; in the ever changing slide of water.

you are sincerity; dearest of friends, closest of companions; you are with me in my dreams;

but i know your twin, too, your other half.

candid is too gentle for her name, earnest too sweet;

no, her name is truth.

she is harsh, and at times cruel, lacking in your finesse.

she is the harsh glare of fluorescent lights and the dispassionate gaze of the sun.

but she is truth and your sister.

sincerity, sweet and clear, be mine sincere.

this started out as a challenge from my piano teacher. he's very good. anyway, there's a piece i learned a year or so ago, and the translation of the title (the title is french) is sincerity. so he suggest i write a poem about sincerity.

nuszer3lp said...
Great expressive language, your writing skill is improving constantly. Keep it up Aidee!

I am 56 years old and have never written anything as beautiful as your poem. I understand it, believe it and praise you for your gift of expression. Use your gift for good and it will grow. Look to the giver of all gifts and He will bless you forever and grant you the sincere desires of your heart and more. Congradulations!

sunshine4918 said...
The poem is touching and very personal. It shows depth of feeling combined with reality. It reminds me of something I wrote one night; I felt a presence near me saying the words; so I woke up and wrote them down. Keep writing and finding your voice.

jjlane1987 said...
Such an amazing poem! Really inspired... =)

daveo said...
Loved the poem. stay commited to writing more. It can become an anchor in your life.

Kathy R. said...
Great poem. I love your clarity. Keep writing.

heartbeats said...
Very touching and sweet.

JanetL said...
Another amazing piece of poetry from an amazing girl. Your poetry needs to be published. Good job Aidee!

Jennax3 SILVER said...
Jennax3 SILVER, Palos Verdes Estates, California
Wow! You are such a talented poet. The way you've personified truth and sincerity is absolutely brilliant. Amazing job with this :)