I wonder in the Wind | Teen Ink

I wonder in the Wind

October 19, 2009
By Cady_ PLATINUM, Godley, Texas
Cady_ PLATINUM, Godley, Texas
25 articles 5 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never judge a book by its cover.", and "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself." "Cherish your life." "Love equals eternity."


The skies so bright, my heart so cold. I never thought the day would come, when I lost you in my arms. I'm always wanting closer, till I realize your gone. Ever so quietly, I'd never would have thought. My eyes are closed, I am looking in the window. Hoping it's a dream, just wake me up when it's time for me to leave. I want to make a new friend, before I die alone. Always so scared, not wanting to let go. I never could guess how beautiful you were. I saw you in the gustering wind. Hoping you were home. I didn't want to let you go. Always looking so very cold. I want to make you my own. I never wanted to let you go. Your probaly in a better home. Just now all i feel is the bottom of my heart. It aches in pain, not so easy, for me. I wanted you to be happy. But i wanted me to be able to let you go in hope. Now all i remeber is waking up, wiithout you in the end, never thought this day would come. Where I had to put you in a box, and kiss you good night. I still have your collar, and your lovely smell. Now i visit you everyday in the bottom of the earth.


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem for my dog who past away a year ago from today. Check out my video and leave a comment. It's on youtube and put Memorial video:Hershey, and click on the first one.