Homelessness | Teen Ink

Homelessness MAG

My home can be

everywhere

or nowhere.

My daily meals

consist

of anything or

nothing.

My knick-knacks

and baubles

are the clothes

I

wear.

My money

is

only what

others

give me.

I am a being.

I am human.

I am homeless.

If only people

could see

where I stand.

and

help me

through

this all.

Will this loneliness

ever end?

Will I begin

a

new life?

Does

anyone

care?

Because

I

am here.

I

am

real.

I

cannot

be ignored.

I am a person.

I am alive.

And...

I am homeless. n

Wow,I love this so much and it's relateable. Beautiful writing :)

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is simple yet not simple at the same time. Simple because you can understand it, but not simple at the same time because of what's in your poem. It's absolutely, phenomenal. It's filled with such honesty, power, simplicity and complex, beauty and rawness; and just so much. In some ways, I can connect to this. Stay strong, my friend. :) You're an amazing and talented and beautiful writer and person. You have such talent and greatness and light and a beauty that is your own; and so much more. All of this and just so much more. Thank you so much for sharing this, my friend! I absolutely, love this and it touched me in different ways and I felt a sort of connection to it. Congrats on having this already published in Teen Ink's magazine because you truly deserve this! Thank you, again. :)

LyricBlunt said...
LyricBlunt, Denver, Colorado

"Music expresses who you are as a person." "Oh, butterfingers."Opportunities' come when you least expect it, it is all up to you what you do with them. Life sometimes throws you a curveball, you just got to go with it sometimes.

I love this poem, I was homeless once. No one will feel how you feel ino they step into your shoes and walk a mile or too in it. Anyway I see how you use postiveness and negativeness to compare and contrast homelessness. Anyway I hope you get better and I hope you get hope.

on Jun. 2 2013 at 1:40 am
SimplyErica SILVER, San Marcos, California

"Love is something unconditional. It continues to live even when everything dies." - By Me ♥

I wrote something similar to this called "Those Street People's Stories". Check it out whenever. It reminds me a lot of this and this is something serious other's need to know.

writingriver05 SILVER, Boise, Idaho

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."

you know what this is just rude you shouldnt have the right to go around saying that this poem is shallow that poem is bad and so  on and so on i mean how would you like it if someone posted a comment about your poems saying it was shallow and lacked meaning

writingriver05 SILVER, Boise, Idaho

Hey were all poets how would you like it if someone put up a comment like yours?

OurVoices PLATINUM, Merrimac, Massachusetts

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are" - e.e. cummings

This is beautiful. well done. i think that the reason its so powerful is beacause your writing is very simple. you dont use any big words or difficult to understand phrases. you simply write emotion, and it shows, and you cant argue with pure emotion. most people cant do what youve done. so feel proud. 

HouseofYork GOLD, Powhatan, Virginia

"...Time and Chance happened to them all." Ecc 9:11

Bravo, simple, true, a little much on the space between stanzas *but that is the sites fault*. Truly worthy of a 5/5

Ghoshy said...
Ghoshy, Allentown, Pennsylvania

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
-Pele

This poem tells a moving story. It was sad, but exceptionally written. The breaks in writing made the poem seem much more real. 

Siilver BRONZE said...
Siilver BRONZE, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

A question that often drives me hazy, am I or the others crazy? ~ Einstein

This is wonderful :) The line breaks were perfect. The first stanza was my favorite-- the writing seemed to be less concrete in the second. Both were very good, though! Keep writing. 

iluvrockandroll2 PLATINUM, Tinton Falls, New Jersey

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
— Lady Gaga

brilliant free verse!!

MarieAntoinette2014 DIAMOND, Scottsburg, Indiana

Isn't it ironic? We ignore the ones who adore us, adore the ones who ignore us, love the ones who hurt us, and hurt the ones that love us.

Easy there... 

That's just rude. There's no advice to help critique this. Critique means advice, not whining that your friend didn't get her work published, and not high fiving each other that you guys are both jealous.

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
I like this point of view. Sometimes people are afraid to help the homeless with money because they don't know what they will do with it. If that's the case, you can always buy them a burger at McDonald's or something. Anything would help you if you were like that. Good job, it got me thinking. :)

bluhs said...
bluhs, E, Alabama
The structure of the poem was so original! I love your voice. Keep writing!!

Mimi15 PLATINUM, Belfast, Maine
This is really good! Sorry for the advertising, but do you mind checking out some of my new work? Keep writing :)

OrenK PLATINUM said...
OrenK PLATINUM, Flushing, New York

"My teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said happy. She said I didn't understand the assignment. I said she didn't understand life."- John Lennon

I think it's brilliant how seperate the words. It gives them so much more meaning. You just made me believe that every letter has such power in it. Thank you for that lesson

Ravenne said...
Ravenne, San Diego, California
First, congratulations! I love the idea in itself. The breakdown of the sentences adds double meanings- as if the speaker addresses the reader directly with questions or demands. But I must admit, while the breakdown is interesting... the sentences in themselves are somewhat lacking. I assume you meant to make it sound like the homeless person is the one talking, but if so, then it's too... conscious, I should say? Perhaps a little description of a situation, instead of a comment about it, would highlight your point better. Overall- very original!

Yockaflocka BRONZE, Springboro, Ohio

"The past is the present; the present is the confusing; and the future is what you make of it"

This was beautiful. I love you work! Congrats on the publish!

-Hannah

The home loans are very useful for people, which would like to start their own company. As a fact, it is very comfortable to receive a small business loan.