It's Getting Steep In Here | Teen Ink

It's Getting Steep In Here

By Claire_Milan PLATINUM, Waldorf, Maryland
Claire_Milan PLATINUM, Waldorf, Maryland

"Love that we cannot have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest because True Love cannot be found where it truly doesn't exist nor can it be hidden where it truly does."---A wise young man

Why do I listen to you? Why do I do what you say? And in doing these things, why do I do them voluntarily (?); without hesitation (?); eager, in fact.
...
And how is it that I am willing to do, (actually TOO much), for you when I don't even {know} you? I wonder [what. about. you.] attracts me like this? It can't be healthy; But you marvel me, [EXTREMELY].

...
But I wonder. I don't {mind} doing these things you ask of me. In fact, I WANT to do them! I WANT you to ask me something! Because I am homesick & you make me feel welcomed. You make me feel like I'm ~HOME~.

...
(It means so much to me to be able to serve you.) It makes MY day to be able to see you smile. It makes my night to know [I] made you smile. But you'll probably never know these things.

...
But I don't wanna admit it. I don't wanna look stupid. I don't want to seem ~~lovestruck~~ or ~~starstruck~~ or in love. I'm not. I can't be.

...
But oh, how I--am.

...